FOMC Minutes: Turnaround Seen
- A.G. Edwards forecast: Dow 10,000 by spring 1999. Apte, Vivek // Business Journal (Central New York);01/15/99, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p6
Reports that economists and investment strategists at A.G. Edwards are forecasting that the United States stock market will resume its upward climb to the 10,000 area by spring of 1999. Assumption that US manufacturing will be the sector most affected by the economy in 2000; Effect of interest...
- STOCK MARKET FORECAST. Lewis, Latif; Hughes, Alan // Black Enterprise;Apr2003, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p32
Presents the results of a survey regarding the outlook of U.S. citizens on the country's stock market. Factors that may cause difficulties in predicting economic condition; Percentage of respondents who do not foresee a sustained upturn in the stock market until at least 2005; Percentage of...
- Local economists bullish on stock market in 1997. // Westchester County Business Journal;1/13/97, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p15
Reports on Westchester, New York economists' bullish attitude on the stock market in 1997. Role of the world economy in boosting the United States economy; Anticipation of gross domestic product growth; Short-term interest rates; Small-capitalization stocks; Advice to investors.
- Does a Stock Market Meltdown Guarantee Economic Collapse? Paul, Duane A. // Business Forum;Winter88, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p30
No abstract available.
- Getting specific about what's to come. // Pensions & Investments;12/27/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p3
Presents an edited transcript of a discussion at `Pension & Investment's 1999 Investment Outlook Roundtable. Positive outlook on the United States economy; Continued low inflation; Threat to the economy; Stock markets; Investment and financial opportunities abroad.
- A good year aheadâ€¦. De Lange, Lucas // Finweek;1/11/2007, p55
The article discusses the predictions for Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) for 2007. Experts expect that JSE will equal the growth experienced last year by about 36 percent yet, everybody seems to agree that JSE is heading a good year. Such predictions are based on prospects for the development...
- Unsuccessful stock market forecasting, successful investors. Thompson, William // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;01/31/2000, Issue 322571, p11
Focuses on conflicting opinions regarding stock market forecasting in the United States. Impact of market predictions to investors; Rise in the 75-year direction of the stock market.
- Fall to Grace. Soskis, Benjamin // New Republic;01/29/2001, Vol. 224 Issue 5, p12
Discusses the economic conditions in the United States recent as of January 2001. Stock market activity in the face of an imminent economic recession; Criticism of generation X for their idealistic view of the economy; Speculations on the future of the national economy.
- Banker expects further growth of U.S. economy. Khasru, B.Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/07/98, Vol. 37 Issue 49, p6
Forecasts the growth of the United States economy and the Dow Jones Industrial Average in 1999, according to investment expert Mark A. Hemenetz. Impact of the turmoil in capital markets and the problem with Long-Term Capital Management LP on the American stock markets; Outlook for New York's...