Tennessee's Fiscal Woes May Worsen
- The Effects of Economic Conditions and Tax Structures on State Tax Revenue Flow. Braun, Bradley M.; Otsuka, Yasuji // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug98, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p259
Examines the contribution of a state's economic condition and tax structure to the growth and variability of tax revenue flow. Measurement of state tax structure; Effect of each tax component on revenue flow; Impact of optimal tax portfolio.
- DETERMINANTS OF TAX PERFORMANCE IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES: THE CASE OF GUATEMALA. Best, Michael H. // American Economist;Fall71, Vol. 15 Issue 2
Presents an abstract of a doctoral dissertation on a cross-country and a case-study estimation of the tax revenue of Guatemala. Relationship of tax revenue with per capita income, size of foreign sector and sectoral composition of income and literacy; Comparison of intertemporal yield patterns...
- Another expected jump in total collection from insurance taxes revealed in Pataki 1998-'99 budget. // Insurance Advocate;01/24/98, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the projected jump in total revenues from insurance taxes for 1998-1999, in New York. Comparison with tax collection in the previous period; Highlights of state Governor George Pataki's budget report on the insurance market.
- Estimating the Sensitivity of State Tax Revenue to Cyclical and Wealth Effects. Seyfried, William; Pantuosco, Louis // Journal of Economics & Finance;Spring2003, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p114
Estimates the elasticities of alternative sources of state tax revenue relative to the economy. Efficient tax frontiers for each state; Effects of the modification of the composition of state tax structures; Characteristics of corporate income taxes.
- Tortoise catching up to hare. Maginnis, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/29/94, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p5
Reports. Comments on the increase in tax revenues from riverboat casinos in Louisiana, United States. Reasons for the rise in riverboat casino taxes; Comparison with casino earnings of Mississippi state; Focus on Clyde Holloway's decision to run for the congressional seat of the seventh...
- Consultants predicting more hotel/motel tax. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/02/98, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p13
Reports that Ted Sprague and Bill Miller of Travel Destination Co. are projecting higher hotel/motel tax revenues in Grand Rapids, Michigan, coming from an expanded Grand Center than Peat-Marwick LLP's 1997 study. Expected tax revenue in 2006; Basis of Sprague and Miller's projection; Amount...
- Higher-rate tax threshold to rise. Calnan, Marianne // Employee Benefits;12/3/2014, p1
The article reports on the expectations that the higher-rate tax threshold will increase to Â£42,385 per annum in Great Britain in April 2015.
- The Shifty Laffer Curve. Becsi, Zsolt // Economic Review (07321813);2000 Thrid Quarter, Vol. 85 Issue 3, p53
Presents information on a study which examined the macroeconomic and conceptual issues associated with the Laffer curve, which shows how tax rates and tax revenues in the United States are related. Background of the economics of taxation; Description of a macroeconomic model that aimed to study...
- Lawmakers sprint to end facing $1B shortfall. Feigenbaum, Edward D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;03/06/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p10
Focuses on the reassessment of the personal property tax system in Indiana. Revelation made by Governor Frank O'Bannon on the calculation errors of the year 2000 revenue estimates; Controversies on the interpretation of the personal property tax law; Legislative deliberation on the...