IRS May Be at Odds With Pennsylvania School Notes
- RECAPITALIZATIONS: THE ISSUER'S TREATMENT. Hariton, David P. // Tax Lawyer;Summer87, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p873
Examines the tax treatment of the issuer arising from an exchange of publicly traded securities in the United States. Issuance of debt for debt and stock and cash issued in exchange for outstanding securities; Tax consequences of an exchange of debt instruments; Implications of securities for...
- Taos, N.M., Officials: Countywide Tax Belongs to County. Walker, Patrick M. // Bond Buyer;04/30/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31128, p39
Highlights a bill signed by New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson that would allow Taos County voters to decide whether or not to impose a half-cent excise tax that would back bonds to finance capital improvements in the county's public school districts. County officials' decision to challenge the...
- State journal. Lawton, Millicent // Education Week;06/11/97, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p16
Reports on the elimination of Victor C. Kirk's position as chief lobbyist to the state legislature for the East Baton Rouge Parish school district in Louisiana, following his testimony before the state House education committee against a tax bill allowing school districts to set up separate tax...
- OKLAHOMA: Logan Debt Nixed Big-Time. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/31/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33375, p7
The article reports on the rejection of the proposed 89.8 million dollars lease-revenue bonds of Logan County Independent School District No. 1 in Oklahoma.
- Minneapolis schools offer fewer GOs as bond authorization reaches limit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;09/04/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30472, p3
Reports on the Minnesota-based Minneapolis Special School District's plan to sell $17.5 million of general obligation (GO) bonds. Figure as lower than GO bond issues made by the school district in previous years; Financial rating firms' evaluation of the GO bond issues.
- KANSAS: Lawrence School GOs Pass. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/9/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33891, p7
The article informs that a referendum of 92.5 million U.S. dollars general obligation bond sought by Douglas County, Kansas-based Unified School District 497 has been approved and highlights that this bonds will be used to prevent increase in property taxes.
- Casino Group Urges Christie to Sign Atlantic City Rescue Package. Coen, Andrew // Bondbuyer.com;9/1/2015, p25
The article presents the Atlantic City Revitalization legislation which the Casino Association of New Jersey wants New Jersey Governor Chris Christie to sign based on a statement issued by the association on August 31, 2015. It discusses aspects of the legislation including payments in lieu of...
- Texas' Mandated District Tax Cuts Poses Challenges. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;8/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32693, p3
The article reports on the mandated tax for district schools in Dallas, Texas. It is stated that the Texas Legislature has approved the House Bill 1, which mandates school districts' reduce tax rates to a maximum of $1 per $1,000 of assessed valuation from a maximum of $1.50 per $1,000....
- Texas' Perry Signs School Finance Bill That Cuts Maximum Property Tax Rate. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/2/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32394, p4
The article reports Texas Governor Rick Perry's signing of HB1 into law. The bill is a major component of a school finance reform package approved in May 2006 by the state Legislature. The measures provides a reduction in the maximum property tax rate that school districts may levy a period of...