Perspective Teachers' PCK Development During Peer Coaching
- Coaching Knowledge and Success: Going Beyond Athletic Experiences. Carter, Adam D.; Bloom, Gordon A. // Journal of Sport Behavior;Dec2009, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p419
This study explored the development and acquisition of coaching knowledge of University coaches who have surpassed their personal athletic achievements. Six successful Canadian male University team sport coaches participated in semi-structured, open-ended interviews. Results of the analysis...
- Human Capital Stability: The Influence of Overlapping Tenure on the Performance of NCAA Football Teams. Harris, Christopher M.; McMahan, Gary C. // American Journal of Management;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p78
This study examines knowledge sharing that comes as a result of the stability of relationships among people in organizations. Specifically, this study examines relationships among the overlapping tenure of coaches with their players, player task behaviors, and performance of both offensive and...
- KNOWELDGE TRANSFER ACROSS HIERARCHICAL LINES: THE IMPORTANCE OF ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE AND TYPE OF KNOWLEDGE. ERHARDT, NICLAS; HARKINS, JASON // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2013, p823
This paper uses football and ice hockey as archetypal contexts to explore managerial knowledge transfer to subordinates in tall and flat organizational structures. Interviews with players and coaches, and observations of team meetings, practices, and games, revealed different mechanisms for...
- "We Do More Than Discuss Good Ideas": A Close Look at the Development of Professional Capital in an Elementary Education Liaison Group. Snow, Jennifer L.; Martin, Susan D.; Dismuke, Sherry // Teacher Education Quarterly;Spring2015, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p43
The article discusses the study on a theoretical framework for teacher professional development in the U.S. as of April 2015 and the importance of professional capital of educators. The study reportedly involved qualitative case study methods and teacher candidates in the elementary education...
- Parent-coach understanding: Another look. Stewart, Craig // Physical Educator;Spring97, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p96
Expands information reported in a 1994 study through analyzing parents' evaluation of coaching characteristics. Source of disagreements between coaches and parents; Coaches' perceptions of what parents' want for their athlete children; Implications to a better communication in the athletic...
- Coaching Preferences. // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Sep2000, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p279
Discusses the abstract of the article which appeared in an issue of the 'Coaching preferences of adolescent youths and their parents,' by S.B. Martin, A.W. Jackson, P.A. Richardson and K.H. Weller.
- Caring coaches. // Scholastic Choices;Jan95, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p5
Presents characteristics of good athletic coaches. Quality of school sports experience as a result of the expertise and sensitivity of the coach; Respect for he individuality of athletes; Goal-setting; Practice of warm-up and cool-down exercises; First aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation...
- Becoming a Better Coach. Greer, Harvey // Coach & Athletic Director;Aug2000, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p70
Details several principles in coaching for the career development of college coaches.
- Coaching Your Coaches. Hoich, David // Coach & Athletic Director;Oct1998, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p4
Presents information on the things that coaches have to know to stay on top of their game. Benefits of providing education and guidance for coaches; Advantages of keeping memos; Mentoring of coaches.