Listening Trumps Schmoozing
- 30 great interview questions to identify candidates' soft skills. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Jul2012, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p4
The article presents 30 interview questions that can help hiring managers in spotting the soft skills of applicants. It mentions the need to ask about their integrity and their ability to introduce a new ideas relevant to work. It adds that their technical skills, decision-making and initiative...
- Learning from a mistake. Scott, Mark // Smart Business Tampa Bay;Nov2009, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p9
The article discusses the things to be considered in hiring the right employees in the U.S. It suggests recruitment personnel to show their spirit so that applicants may respect the company's leadership. They should share this spirit with their applicants. They are also suggested to be specific...
- Creating good sales team is crucial to your success. Karres, E. Paul // Las Vegas Business Press;5/10/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p13
Discusses the selection of a sales team in a business organization. Role of the leadership skills of the owner in the success of the recruitment effort; Significance of asking applicants to make a sales presentation during interviews; Factors to consider in the training of sales personnel.
- Paying the price of slacker colleagues. Guyette, James E. // Aftermarket Business;Jan2007, Vol. 117 Issue 1, p7
The article focuses on the leadership assessment among employees and managers and offers tips for hiring top performers in the U.S. It was found out that 47 percent of high performers pursue other jobs while 18 percent of the low performers are looking to move on. It has been suggested that...
- 30 great interview questions to identify candidates' soft skills. // HR Specialist: North Carolina Employment Law;Jul2012, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p4
The article presents sample questions that will help hiring managers identify the important soft skills of job applicants. It states that asking the applicants directly how they perform specific tasks in the past is one of the best ways to assess their capabilities in assuming their...
- The Top 5 Skills Of Effective Leaders. Glatzhofer IV, Paul // Leadership Excellence Essentials;Nov2015, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p12
The article lists skills that are critical for leadership positions and offers advice for hiring leaders. Skills discussed include the ability to influence others, make decisions, and adapt to change. According to the author, organizations should plan a hiring process, use behavioral...
- Louisiana Lightning. // JCK;Oct2010, Vol. 141 Issue 9, p48
An interview with Matt Stuller, chief executive officer (CEO) of Stuller Inc. is presented. When asked about the most important leadership lesson he learned, he asserts that it is to be able to lead with humility and resolve. He affirms that hearing remarks from unhappy customers is the most...
- A Most Important Decision. Fagiano, David // Management Review;Feb93, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p2
Presents thoughts on a chief executive officer's selection of a president or vice president. Succession planning implications surrounding the selection of the number two executive; Creation of a two-person leadership team; Desired qualities of a number two.
- Best of the Leadership Blogs. // Executive Leadership;Feb2015, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p5
Several leadership blog posts are presented including the key to success and happiness, the reasons to involve the team in the hiring process and the lack of time to lead due to anxiety.