Workers Take Their Jobs on the Road
- RETAIL THERAPY. Paterson, Jennifer // Employee Benefits;Apr2011, p46
The article focuses on the challenges faced by the benefits and reward team of Sainsbury's in Great Britain. It highlights the supermarket chain's workforce including Helen Paxton, head of reward and people systems who has been in the company for 20 years and is responsible for the change of...
- TJX rejigs discounts. // Employee Benefits;Nov2008, p10
The article reports that TJX Europe has offered discount cards to its staff at its Homesense and TK Maxx retail chains. The cards will be given to about 5,000 temporary and 15,000 permanent employees in more 220 stores in the Republic of Ireland and Great Britain. The card will provide the staff...
- J Sainsbury issues all staff with total reward statements. Sullivan, Nicola // Employee Benefits;Nov2008, p11
The article reports that J Sainsbury has mailed statements of total rewards to its employees to emphasize the benefit that they could avail of. Previously, the statements were only sent to senior executives but in October 2008, the store mailed the statement to all 150,000 workers. The...
- Added benefits. McTaggart, Jenny // Progressive Grocer;5/1/2005, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p96
Focuses on the human resource strategies employed at Stew Leonard's, a retailer based in Norwalk, Connecticut. Benefits offered to employees; Services provided by the company for the personal and career development of employees; Incentives offered to employees.
- 8Http://bit.ly/MHCPBR Republic sees 40% take-up in discounts scheme. // Employee Benefits;Aug2012, p11
The article informs that fashion retailer MHCPBR Republic has witnessed 40% take-up in its Backstage Pass employee discounts scheme with Asperity Employee Benefits at the end of 2011.
- The Gift of Time. Sherbrooke, Katherine // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p12
Details the workplace benefits provided by employers to retain their top employees. Work flexibility; Personal concierge services; Relocation assistance.
- How can I cut benefits, not engagement? // People Management;9/10/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p36
The article presents answers to the question on how a benefits and rewards manager can cut back on the benefits enjoyed by the employees without destroying employer brand staff engagement levels including the relationship with benefits providers.
- Compensation & Recruitment. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 22 Issue 129, p27
Reports on the increase in benefits for employees of United States-based corporations. Allocation of shares outstanding for management and employee incentives; Impact of changes in markets and overall economy on compensation of chief executive officers; Movement away from granting of stock options.
- Worldwide Business Trends Create New Leverage for Voluntary Benefits. Romeu, Julian // Employee Benefits Journal;Dec2000, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p24
Discusses the leverage for voluntary benefits provided by companies to employees in the United States. Trends creating the need for voluntary benefits; Practices in offering voluntary benefits; Advantages of voluntary benefits to employers.