What's Best: 401(k) Advice or Education?
- School Daze. Ivery, E.Faith // Employee Benefit News;Nov99, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p35
Examines the best management practices for employee tuition assistance plans in the United States. Four methods for starting to manage tuition assistance plans and hold employees accountable for the bottomline; Signs that it is time to re-evaluate existing tuition assistance plans; Common...
- Employers increase education benefits. // Employee Benefit News;Nov99, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p51
Reports on the findings of Hewitt Associates about educational reimbursement programs for employees in the United States. Enhancement of the educational reimbursement programs to attract and retain employees; Median annual dollar limit on reimbursements in 1993 and 1999; Employers' payment for...
- Lack of extended education can stifle business. Kendall, Ingeborg U.V. // San Diego Business Journal;8/15/94, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p19
Redefines the role of human resource directors. Questions that must be addressed to evaluate the education needs of the company and the employees; Pertinence of a particular education program; Designing an industry-specific degree program; Accessibility as the primary concerns for working...
- A familiar story. Berry, Lisa // Nursing Older People;Mar2014, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p5
The author reflects on the results of the national dementia care audit in acute hospitals in Ireland which revealed the need for all hospitals to train its staff about basic dementia care and offer advanced training to selected ward staff.
- InterRAI training targets exceeded. // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Jul2015, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p8
No abstract available.
- Editor's Page. Galagan, Patricia // Training & Development Journal;Jun87, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p4
Expresses concerns about the declining international competitiveness of the United States. Role of human resources management in boosting the country's competitiveness; Disagreement on whether the work force should be educated in school or on the job; Cooperation between government and business...
- Don't get burned by hot new markets. Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Workforce (10928332);Jan98 Supplement Global Workforce, Vol. 77, p12
Offers tips for personnel management in evaluating proposed new locations for United States-based businesses' foreign direct investments. Participation in a business analysis of proposed locations; Assessing the quality and availability of the local labor force; Evaluation of the proposed...
- Winning Ways. Stock, Howard J. // Bank Investment Consultant;Jun2008, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses the various reports published within the issue including one by Ken Kehrer on the ranking of best investment program manager and another one by Marie Swift on turning one's self to be a trusted financial adviser.
- Online service for human resources. // Money Marketing;8/7/2003, p12
Reports on the launch of Evolution 300 package, an internet-based tool that helps financial advisers with their human resources' responsibilities by Cambridge, England-based independent financial adviser network Group 300. Various uses of the package; Cost of the package.