Infections and Inadequacies
- The Melissa virus--don't catch it. Martinez, Jose // Caribbean Business;4/15/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 14, p39
Focuses on computer maintenance strategies to avoid damages caused by the Melissa virus. Titles of documents that contain the virus; Understanding of how the virus is spread.
- THE BUG REPORT. // InfoWorld;8/13/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p20
Presents an update on computer bugs and fixes as of August 13, 2001.
- Can your computer get sick? Jelinski, Joe // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;06/09/97, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p12SB
Discusses information about computer viruses. Definition; Various types in existence; Effect on computers; Ways that viruses can infect a computer system; Ways for avoiding viruses; Curing virus infection.
- ANSWER LINE. Spector, Lincoln // PCWorld;May2010, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p100
The article provides an answer to a question on why a personal computer stows or slows down.
- Virtual vaccination. Dancer, Helen // Australian Personal Computer;Dec98, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p52
Focuses on the idea of an intelligent network monitoring system based on neutral network technology for detecting file viruses. Why computer viruses are spreading faster; Capability of macro viruses to spread.
- A Clean Machine. Georgia, Bonny L. // Working Mother;Sep2001, p30
Presents tips on computer maintenance. Lists of cleaning tasks on computers; Advisory on online updated virus protection for the immunization of computers; Performance of updated hard drive. INSET: Your Checklist..
- The Weekly Fab Five:. Crispen, Patrick // Library Talk;May/Jun2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p32
Presents steps to lessen the chances of computer breakdown. Importance of updating virus definitions; How to run the ScanDisk tool; Benefits of a disk defragmenter.
- Resuscitating a System After Virus Attack. Plotnick, Neil // PC Week;06/21/99, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p100
Offers information on the use of utility software to identify computer problems and repair systems as of June 21, 1999. Description of a reader's difficulties with a boot-sector virus; What boot-sector viruses are; Effects of the viruses on computers; Attempts by the reader to remove the virus;...
- When your computer gets sick. Komando, Kim // Popular Mechanics;Sep98, Vol. 175 Issue 9, p72
Discusses ways to protect computers from viruses. Reason for the increase in computer viruses; How a computer can contact viruses; Equipment needed in protecting computers from viruses.