Shareholders Are Watching HR
- MANAGEMENT MOTIVATION. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;10/23/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 17, p25
The article examines the fiber to the premises () project of Verizon, which includes a compensation package for its leaders. With the aims to reward its leaders for long-term rather than short-term goals, the company has poured money into its plan which made investors nervous about the project....
- Passport to the U.S.: Finding the Right Strategies for International Fund Managers. Nelligan, Barbara; Dargis, Ryan // Money Management Executive;2013 Mutual Fund Guide, p6
The authors present information on the non-U.S. fund managers that are looking increasingly for the fresh source in the U.S. to distribute investment strategies. They inform that in the U.S. the largest and most familiar market is the registered mutual fund market which dominates with 14.5...
- Fund News. // Morningstar FundInvestor;Jan2012, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p14
The article offers fund news briefs. On January 20, 2012, Calamos Growth & Income, along with Calamos Global Growth & Income will close to new investors as Calamos Growth & Income has received about 135 million U.S. dollars of inflows as of November 30, 2011, while Calamos Global Growth & Income...
- Savvy mutual fund plan can ease tax burden. Beahan, Peter // Inside Tucson Business;11/20/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 35, p15B
Discusses how mutual fund investors can reap significant tax benefits from having investment foresight and business planning. Ways to save on taxes with a smart buy-and-sell strategy for mutual funds; Tax rates for dividends.
- Rob Gensler. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;08/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p18
Interviews Rob Gensler, chairman of T. Rowe Price Media & Telecommunications Fund. His views on the biggest issue facing telephone companies transforming themselves into global, multifaceted concerns; Impact of new competitors and new services on industry economics; AT&T Corp.'s competitors.
- In Units don't trust. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;10/5/2001, p8
Reports the impact of mutual funds performance on private investors in South Africa. Availability of equity funds; Disadvantages of investing in mutual funds; Increase in management fee. INSET: What a difference a week makes..
- Time to bond. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;2/10/2003, p30
Reports on the increased number of private investors moving into fixed interest unit trusts in South Africa. Reason behind the trend; Implication of the trend on retail investors; Advantages presented by fixed interest unit trusts to investors.
- No-Load Investors Pose New Challenges. Sraeel, Holly // Bank Investment Consultant;Jul2000, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p16
Highlights findings of the survey `The Changing Dynamics of the No-Load Investor,' conducted by Boston Research Group. Effects of the emergence of novice no-load investors on the way mutual funds attract and retain them; Categories of no-load investors; Keys to growth in the no-load industry;...
- Another option. Freeman, Peter // Money (14446219);Jul2002, p82
Provides information on managed funds options for investors in Australia. Significance of investment innovation to wealth creation opportunities; Concept of fund management offerings; Development of market in managed funds.