Hard-to-Hire Workers Excel
- Who's Left in the Labor Pool? Flynn, Gillian // Workforce;Oct99, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p34
Discusses a human resource strategy to handle unemployable people. Approach in recruiting and hiring; Training of employees; Preparation for disappointments concerning some employees. INSET: Are You Liable For Ex-convict Employees?.
- A contingency framework of selection and training of expatriates revisited. Tung, Rosalie L. // Human Resource Management Review;Spring98, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p23
Assesses whether the contingency paradigm of selection and training identified in the article titled `Selection and training of personnel for international assignments' published in the 1981 issue of the `Columbia Journal of World Business' is still relevant. Changes and developments since the...
- Pick the right people. Laabs, Jennifer // Workforce (10928332);Nov98, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p50
Focuses on employee selection, training and development in relation to employee commitment. How to hire qualified employees; Development opportunities; Role of human resource management.
- Why Customer Satisfaction Starts with HR. Kiger, Patrick J. // Workforce (10928332);May2002, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p26
Discusses the correlation between personnel management and customer satisfaction. Information on employee selection; Factors that influence customer satisfaction; Importance of employee training to customer services. INSET: Five HR Tips for Imporving the Customer Relationship.
- Four Reasons to Invest in Training. // Nonprofit World;Nov2007, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p30
The article provides reasons for making training a top priority in organizations. It is stated that in order to attract first-rate workers, one must offer a first-rate training program because long-term professional development is a huge benefit to ambitious, talented and motivated people. It...
- Lighting the way ahead. Dulewicz, Victor; Taylor, Bernard // People Management;1/14/2010, p24
The article focuses on the expertise and behaviours needed by non-executive directors (Neds) in order to carry out their duties, not only in financial institutions, but also in other organisations. It suggests that the selection of Neds should become more rigorous and they should also receive...
- Targeting Training Through Skills Testing. Cummings, Oliver W. // Chief Learning Officer;May2004, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p40
Discusses the importance of skill testing in selecting and training employees. Role of technology in managing testing programs; Factors that indicate an employees' ability to do a job; Primary goal of employee learning.
- IN BRIEF. // People Management;1/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p7
Focuses on various issues concerning human resource (HR) management in Great Britain in 2001. Function of national training organizations; Views of the Equal Opportunities Commission on public appointment ruling; Issue on the adoption of new business models.
- Training. // Personnel Today;1/22/2002, p8
Reports developments in personnel management as of January 2002 in Great Britain. Appointment of two Manufacturer Sash UK's training officers; Benefits of Peacocks Medical's section heads on personal productivity training; Introduction of Learndirect system for employees.