New Mexico Severance Tax Bond Program Spurs $65M School Deal
- Volatile Energy Sector Fails to Strip Market-Bound N.M. of Solid Ratings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31386, p29
Reports the sale of severance tax bonds in New Mexico. Use of the bonds to finance capital projects across the state; Coverage of debt service; Final maturity of the bids for the bonds.
- New Mexico 'pork bill' leaves some projects hungry for funds. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30672, p26
Reports on New Mexico's issue of $50.7 million of severance-tax revenue bonds. Purpose of the bonds; Structure; Average maturity.
- New Mexico severance-tax bond bill salvaged; awaits governor's approval. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30641, p4
Reports that New Mexico legislators approved a previously vetoed bill to expand the state's severance tax bonding program. Creation of junior-lien series of bonds; Benefits of the tax bonding program.
- Public Facilities, Schools Drive Increase in Issuance. Sigo, Shelly; DeSue, Tedra; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;8/15/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31450, p25
Reports the increasing issuance of bonds among the public schools in the U.S. Improvement of the schools in the region; Acceleration of construction projects; Decline of the interest rates.
- Chicago's Education Continues. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31502, p1
Reports on the allocation of general obligation bonds for public schools in Chicago, Illinois. Description of the current interest-rate environment; Emergence of derivative products; Issuance of bond as variable rate.
- Missouri Probing Ex-St. Louis Mayor's Role in Bond Campaign. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/22/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31023, p6
Reports on the plan of Saint Louis Public Schools to sell general obligation bonds in Illinois. Structure of the bonds; Use of the proceeds from the bond sale.
- Detroit Public Schools Set to Sell $400 Million in GOs on Wednesday. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p3
Reports on the issuance of general obligation bonds by the Detroit Public Schools in Detroit, Michigan. Amount of the bonds; Proceeds of the sale; Bond counsel of the sale.
- Detroit schools' reform. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;06/23/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30668, p1
Focuses on the impact of reform efforts for public schools in Detroit, Michigan on bond financing strategies in the city. Possibility of opening a new financing team; Trend prompted by the plans of Mayor Dennis Archer's Board of Education to run the school districts like a business.
- Chicago schools plan fiscal 2000 deals. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/23/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30668, p36
Reports that Chicago Public Schools officials will sell bond issues in Chicago, Illinois scheduled for the fiscal year 2000. Value of the bonds.