The Camaraderie of the 'Bond Brotherhood'
- Turkish aid agency helps flood victims in Afghanistan. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;6/1/2015, p51
The article reports on the humanitarian aid provided by the Turkish Cooperation and Coordination Agency to the families affected by the flood in northeastern Takhar, Afghanistan, and offers a background of the agency.
- Engineers on standby to help in Afghanistan crisis. // Professional Engineering;10/17/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the RedR, which provides engineers and personnel to relieve disaster victims in Afghanistan. Helping deal with humanitarian crisis; Provision of water sanitation systems and constructing shelters; Preparation for humanitarian response.
- Vanished. Friedman, Devin // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Apr2005, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p152
Shares accounts of survivors of the December 26, 2004 tsunami in Dutchbar, a community on the east coast of Sri Lanka. Financial assistance provided to survivors; History of Dutchbar; Dilemma facing survivors of Dutchbar,
- International Relief Mobilizes for Japan. Cowan, Richard // Muslim Observer;4/1/2011, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p15
The article reports on the relief assistance rendered by several international humanitarian organizations for the victims of earthquake and tsunami in the eastern region of Japan.
- 'Foreign disaster aid welcome if without conditions'. RONDA, RAINIER ALLAN; NILLES, GIOVANNI // Filipino Reporter;10/28/2016, Vol. 44 Issue 48, p3
The article reports on the statement of Philippine Social Welfare Secretary Judy Taguiwalo on the acceptance of donations and assistance from the private sector and foreign institutions without conditions and the provision of relief and emergency shelter assistance to the typhoon victims.
- INDIA: AT HER SERVICE Bharat Sevashram Sangha. Malik, Rajiv // Hinduism Today;Apr-Jun2011, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p18
The article offers information on the Bharat Sevashram Sangha (BSS), a Hindu monks' spiritual brotherhood in Kolkata, India. The brotherhood was established by Acharya Srimat Swami Pranavananda Maharaj in the same country in 1917. In addition, the said organization consist ashrams, Milan...
- Anomalous Atmospheric Events Leading to the Summer 2010 Floods in Pakistan. Houze, R. A.; Rasmussen, K. L.; Medina, S.; Brodzik, S. R.; Romatschke, U. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Mar2011, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p291
No abstract available.
- Industry joins tsunami relief efforts. Kirsche, Michelle L. // Drug Store News;1/17/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the financial donations of the leading pharmacy retailers, employees and customers to the tsunami relief efforts in the U.S. Contribution of money and products by CVS; Initiation of a chainwide fundraising effort allowing customers to purchase disaster relief certificates by Rite Aid;...
- DEPLOYED FOR DUTY. Frick, Damaris // Caring (Salvation Army - USA Western Territory);Sep2010, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p12
The article examines how relief workers focus on three primary elements to provide assistance, including local personnel, the affected population and coordinating with other agencies. It discusses the role of the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) which is to ensure...