Leveraging Tax-Credit Bonds Into Infrastructure Investment
- Legislation Proposes More Investment For Maintaining Railroad Infrastructure. // U.S. Rail News;Aug2010, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p1
The article focuses on the legislative bill proposed in the U.S. Congress, which is dedicated for public and private investment in railroad infrastructure. It states that the Freight Rail Infrastructure Capacity Expansion Act of 2010 will offer two tax incentives in freight infrastructure....
- Progressive entry and the incentives to invest in alternative infrastructures. Bourreau, Marc; Drouard, Joeffrey // Journal of Regulatory Economics;Jun2014, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p329
In this paper we study an entrant's incentives to build a network infrastructure, when there is an initial phase of service-based competition where it leases access to the incumbent's infrastructure. We build a model in which the phase of service-based competition allows the entrant to step into...
- 2008 Legislative Agenda: Follow the Money. Erickson, Don // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2008, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p40
The article focuses on the 2008 Legislative Agenda of the Security Industry Association (SIA) in the U.S. According to the author, a main part in the association's 2008 agenda is in making sure that Congress will fulfill the promises they made in the SAFE Port Act, and in the funding of $400...
- Tax, Postal, Regulatory Bills Expected to Clear Congress. Kaper, Stacy // American Banker;12/11/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 236, p4
The article discusses the United States Congress approving legislative measures affecting the banking industry, including tax extenders, regulatory relief, and postal reform. The tax extension bill includes; itemizing deduction for private mortgage insurance, a new market tax credit that could...
- FOOD FOR THOUGHT. McDonnell, Brian; Shanahan, Dave // Irish Farmers Monthly;8/1/2015, p36
The article discusses how Ireland has the infrastructure to encourage ongoing research and development (R&D) in its food and drinks industry. Topics covered include how Ireland's generous tax incentives make it one of the most attractive destinations for food manufacturing and as an R&D hub and...
- The Case for Globalization. Farrell, Diana // International Economy;Jan2004, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p52
Reveals the benefits and drawbacks of foreign direct investments (FDI) by multinational companies in developing countries. Disadvantages of tax incentives to attract FDI; Need for governments to focus instead to promote competitive markets; Importance of infrastructure.
- Financing with Venture Capital in Russia and Tax Incentives for it. Lukashov, N. V. // Vestnik Sankt-Peterburgskogo Universiteta, Seriia 9: Filologia, ;2013, Issue 3, p148
The article discusses a number of problems of forming infrastructure for the venture market, including the reasons for the low interest of private capital to participate in the formation of the venture funds created with support of public funds. Opportunities for participation in these funds...
- Tax incentive action touted. Homeyer, Peter // Grand Rapids Business Journal;12/27/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 53, p8
The author reflects on the tax incentive program for private land-owners that was renewed by the U.S. Congress in 2010, which would involve interested land owners donating a voluntary conservation agreement that will protect natural or historic sites.
- THE MONTH IN CONGRESS--. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul67, Vol. 46 Issue 6/7, p161
Reports on legislative proposals deliberated by committees in both Houses of the U.S. Congress from April 15 to May 15, 1967. Proposed tax incentives of U.S. President Lyndon Johnson; Proposed reform of the Selective Service System.