ARKANSAS: Parked Bonds
- Lugar to repay money spent on Indiana hotel bills. // Hill;3/26/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p14
The article reports that U.S. Senator Richard Lugar plans to reimburse 4,500 dollars of taxpayer money that he used for hotel stays in his Indianapolis reelection campaign from 1991.
- SUSPENDING SELF- GOVERNMENT IN THE TURKS AND CAICOS ISLANDS. // Parliamentarian;2010, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p18
The article explains why the government of Great Britain took over the government of the Turks and Caicos Islands (TCI). It describes how the Foreign Affairs Committee responded to the issues on the allegations reported by the TCI people about corruption and misuse of public funds in TCI....
- Little Rock Resident Hopes Third Time's the Charm in Park Deal Lawsuit. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/3/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31733, p36
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Little Rock resident Nora Harris against the city for using revenue bonds to purchase land for a presidential park in Arkansas. Details of the case; Utilization of tax revenues to repay the debt; Need for a public referendum.
- New Lawsuit Alleges Little Rock Funds Diverted for Clinton Park. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p24
Reports on Little Rock, Arkansas citizen Nora Harris' filing of a second lawsuit alleging that Little Rock illegally issued bonds to pay for the Clinton Presidential Park. Case background; Failure of the first lawsuit filed by Harris.
- Little Rock, Tax Foe Back in Court on Park Bond Issue. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/22/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31389, p4
Focuses on the case between Little Rock against Nora Harris in Dallas, Texas. Legality of the 20 million revenue bond package; Court decision of judge Collins Kilgore; Views of city attorney Tom Carpenter on the case.
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.
- Wisconsin's New Leaders Tap Market for $430M. Shields, Yvette // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p12
The articl reports on the plan of Wisconsin to sell its 20-year general oblication bonds for 430 million dollars to fund bricks-and-mortar capital projects in the first debt issuance of the new administration.
- Top 25 issuers in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p22A
Lists the top 25 bond issuers in California, as ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes California Housing Finance Agency; Anaheim Public Finance Authority; Los Angeles School District; State of California; Bond assignments; Principal amount;...
- Top 25 underwriters in California. // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p28A
Lists the top 25 bond underwriters in California ranked by principal amount of bonds issued from January 1 through August 13, 1997. Includes BancAmerica Securities Inc.; Paine Webber Inc.; Merrill Lynch & Co.; Smith Barney Inc.; Number of public finance bankers; Retail sales personnel;...