Hawaii Keeping Up Stream of GOs as Outlook Improves
- Ige Budget Proposes Reduced GO Bond Issuance. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;12/31/2014, Issue 34235, p1
Hawaii's draft $25.7 billion draft budget for the biennium contains plans to reduce general obligation bond obligation issuance by half compared to amounts pushed out over the past three years.
- Market Post: Hawaii Prices for Retail; Munis Yields Rise with Treasuries. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;11/4/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34006, p7
The article offers information on the retail prices and yields of general obligation bonds in Hawaii. It mentions that positive economic data on November 1, 2013 increased Treasury yields and followed by tax exempts. It notes that the first series of $635 million yields from 1.16% to 4.14% while...
- East, West recessions pinch Hawaii's economy. Nichols, Don // Restaurant Business;4/10/93, Vol. 92 Issue 6, p44
Reports on the continuing slump in tourism being experienced by Hawaii. Effect on the hotel and restaurant industry; Recession and slow recovery of the country's economy; Air-fare wars; Focus on affordability by the visitors bureau; Competition from Mexico; Focus on local customers.
- Hawaii: What went wrong? Rowe, Megan // Lodging Hospitality;Mar96, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p30
Discusses the effect of the Persian Gulf War, economy and decrease property values to the Hawaiian hotel industry. Dependence on Japanese travelers; Hurdles needed to be overcome by Hawaii; Transition in hotel industry; Comments by Terrence Fowler, general manager at Waikiki Beachcomber, and...
- Looking to Get Beyond the Tourism Trap. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p71A
Focuses on the economic condition of Hawaii in the fiscal year 2002. Share of the tourism industry in the state's economy; Impact of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the economy of the state; Sale of general obligation and revenue bonds as proposed by the governor Ben Cayetano; Rating...
- Paradise lost? Chun, Janean // Entrepreneur;Feb1998, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p13
Presents information on the Hawaiian economy and its impact on entrepreneurs there. Circumstances surrounding the situation; Detailed information on the economic state; Comments from Sam Slom, president, Small Business Hawaii.
- Down and out in Waikiki. Ito, Timothy M. // U.S. News & World Report;10/13/97, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p46
Focuses on economic conditions in Hawaii as of October 1997. The signs that Hawaii is in the middle of a slump while most of the United States booms; The stagnant economy since 1991; The departure of Hawaiians who are frustrated with the economy; Background on how Hawaii got into an economic slump.
- Hawaii: Shark Fin Central. // Salt Water Sportsman;Jan99, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p58
Reports on shark finning in Hawaii. Disposal of hundred of thousands of finless sharks; Banning of finning in federal waters of the Atlantic Ocean; Increase of finning from 1991 to 1996.
- Hawaii Trolls for Tourists While Other States Take Stock. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;10/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31242, p32
Reports developments in the tourism industry in Hawaii as of October 2001. Efforts of Gov. Ben Cayetano for promoting tourism abroad; Benefits of tourism to the economy of the state; Accounts on the tourism industry of other states.