Municipals Fall; Missouri Sells $599 Million of Top-Rated GOs
- Munis Firm, Helped by Treasuries; Detroit, Kansas City, Mo., Sell GOs. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31957, p2
Reports on developments relevant to the market for municipal bonds in the U.S. on August 26, 2004. Municipal bond prices; Projected gross domestic product growth in the second quarter of 2004; General obligation bonds.
- Munis End Lower, Treasuries Weaken On Revised Consumer Sentiment Index. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;12/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31788, p2
Reports on the performance of the Treasury market in the U.S. Impact of the revised December University of Michigan consumer sentiment index on the market; Financial third quarter gross domestic product; Auction of two-year notes by the Treasury Department; Pillars of support for tax-exempts;...
- Market Close: Muni Yields Finish Week Lower. Barnett, Chip; Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;2/2/2015, Vol. 1, p1
The article informs that prices of top-quality municipal bonds increased along with Treasuries after a report which showed that the U.S. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the fourth quarter increased more slowly than expected report showed the U.S. gross domestic product in the fourth quarter grew...
- Disziplinieren rote und blaue Eurobonds? Lucke, Bernd // ifo Schnelldienst;2/28/2012, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p12
No abstract available.
- Change to Tax Exemption for Nonprofit Bonds Would Hurt the Economy. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;10/21/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33998, p1
The article focuses on a study of the U.S.-based market research company IHS Global Inc. on proposals of the U.S. financial regulatory authorities to eliminate tax exemption for bonds used by nonprofits bonds. The reports found that the reform related to tax exemption may lead to losses in...
- Munis Little Changed in Quiet Session; This Week Expected to Be Even Slower. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/30/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31958, p2
Assesses municipal bond prices in the United States. Treasury prices; Future rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board; Gross domestic product; Commentaries of Federal officials about the economic outlook; Municipal bond funds; Taxable bonds funds; Equity funds.
- No bubble for government bonds, says RLAM. Brennan, Henry // Fundweb;4/26/2012, p7
The article reports on the remarks of Jonathan Platt, the head of fixed interest at Royal London Asset Management (RLAM), that lower yields for British government debt are not a consequence of over enthusiasm on the part of investors but rather a mechanism of downward trending nominal GDP. Platt...
- Credit to the fore in Asian bonds. Cox, Hugo // Asian Investor;Jun2011, p32
The article reports on the decline of sovereign government bond issuance in Asia. It notes the decrease of the region's government bond volume as gross domestic product (GDP) share. It points out that the decline permits the sovereigns to set more aggressive price to their bonds. The decrease of...
- Danger ahead for African bonds? Evans, Frankie // African Business;Dec2014, Issue 414, p66
The article focuses on the sovereign bond market of Africa which contributed about seven billion dollars in the country's economy, 138 billion dollars invested in the acquisition of the U.S. bonds, economic depression in the emerging markets, forecasted growth of the sub-Saharan African gross...