Florida Pool Under Audit
- IRS Targets Health Care Bonds. Greenwalt, R. Todd; Salinas, Wendy // Venulex Legal Summaries;2006 Q2, p1
The article focuses on a new bond audit initiative targeting section 501(c)(3) bonds issued between May 1997 and December 1998 outlined by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on May 10, 2006. The agency indicated that two-thirds of the audits will focus on health care and that it will start the...
- Most Audited Hospitals Expected To Restructure Debt, Lawyers Say. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p1
Focuses on the result of the audit made by the Internal Revenue Service on nonprofit hospitals having acquisition-financing bond issues in the U.S. Chances for the hospital to restructure debt; Impact of the proposed regulations on acquisition finance debt on the hospitals; Increase deals...
- IRS Audits Cause Minor Market Ripple for Casino Bonds. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/18/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31950, p6
Reports on the audit of two deals sold by conduit issuers on behalf of Native American tribes for casino-related facilities by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Yield of the bonds; Sell of bonds being audit by Capital Trust Agency on behalf of Seminole Indian Tribe of Florida; Maturation of the...
- Kentucky Counties Association Faces IRS Audit. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;11/9/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32007, p23
Reports on the audit of the tax and revenue anticipation certification of participating notes issued by the Kentucky Association of Counties Advance Revenue Program in 2003 by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Notification of the issuer of the audit; Initiation of a routine examination.
- Another Solid-Waste Audit: IRS Examines $120 Million Deal. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;4/5/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31112, p40
Reports on an audit conducted by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on the issue of solid-waste bonds by New York City Industrial Development Agency for a recycling facility. Details of the bonds issue; Reasons for conducting the audit.
- Louisiana Discloses IRS Audit of $650 Million of Refunding GOs. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;4/21/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33303, p5
The article reports that the state government disclosed audit information to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for its 650 million dollars worth of refunding general obligation (GO) securities sold in Louisiana in 2005.
- SEC attorney: IRS search for yield burning not always a material event. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;06/09/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30410, p3
Reports on the remarks by Mark Zhener of the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) that an issuer need not disclose Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audit looking for potential yield burning to investors. Zhener as speaker at `The Bond Buyer' periodical's Pacific Northwest Public Finance...
- More Audit Info, Please. Kinnander, Ola; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/19/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31060, p1
Reports that two municipal market groups in the United States have asked the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to give issuers more information about why their bonds are being audited. Disclosure of the audits; Request made by the National Association of Bond Lawyers and a working group of the...
- New Orleans Refunding Being Audited by IRS. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;1/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31303, p1
Reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service is auditing a $75.2 million pension obligation refunding that the city of New Orleans carried out in 1998 to examine whether the issue should remain tax-exempt. Belief of a bond counsel regarding the results of the audit; Number of tax-exempt bond...