PIMCO, Arnott team to offer an 'unusual' TAA mutual fund
- First Quadrant goes global. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;5/30/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p20
Reports that First Quadrant Corp. is going global with its style analysis investment product. Operation of a core and market-neutral strategy in Great Britain; Plans to start similar products for Japanese and Canadian stocks; Diversification opportunities for investors; Analysis of...
- First Quadrant going after a different type of client. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Pensions & Investments;5/12/97 Special Issue, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p10
Looks at the business prospects of the First Quandrant Corporation. Efforts to obtain taxable institutional assets; Creation of a taxable strategy; Description of available business options.
- First Quadrant rushes in where many fear to tread with Premier fund. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;6/26/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p8
Reports on money manager First Quadrant's plan to roll out a hedge fund called Premier Fund that will combine its domestic and international market-neutral and long-short strategies into an in-house fund of funds. Maximization of alpha or excess returns per unit of tracking error; Reason for...
- U.K. pension funds urged to rebalance. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;1/8/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the benefits of tactical balancing on British pension funds. Pressures provided by the growing maturity and the British Pension Act's minimum requirement; Low risk approach adopted by First Quadrant managers.
- Guns & Hoses Fund Looking at Commodities Options. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;6/ 6/2013, p7
The article reports that in the Investment Committee meeting of the City of San Jose Police and Fire Retirement System on April 10, 2013, options presented include possible liquidation of investment management company First Quadrant's portfolio, asset placement with financial services holding...
- Merchant Navy fund hires First Quadrant. // Pensions & Investments;11/25/96, Vol. 24 Issue 24, p14
Reports that First Quadrant of London, England, has been hired by Merchant Navy Officers Pension Fund of Leatherhead, England, to provide a tactical asset allocation overlay on the entire pension fund. Comments from Geoff Henry, chief executive of Merchant; Termination of the services of...
- Large stock funds lose luster over time. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;4/3/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p30
Reports on a study by First Quadrant Corp. indicating that large stock mutual funds perform poorly over long periods of time. Viewing of results on an after-tax basis; Importance of tax considerations for taxable institutional investors; Proposal by the United States Securities and Exchange...
- Affiliated Managers buys First Quadrant. Cardona, Mercedes M. // Pensions & Investments;1/22/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p3
Reports on Affiliated Managers Group's (AMG) decision to buy quantitative manager First Quadrant Corp. from Talegen Holdings Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox Corp. Expected date of the sale's closure; Agreement reached by First Quadrant to separate from its parent, Xerox; Advantages of...
- *UPDATED* Guns & Hoses Fund Looking at Commodities Options. Lewis, Jakema // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;6/ 7/2013, p3
The article reports on the options presented by consultant NEPC on April 10, 2013 for the City of San Jose Police and Fire Retirement System to bring the target in-line, including reducing a mandate held by First Quadrant's 60 million U.S. dollars and allocating the assets to Credit Suisse.