SBK-Brooks hires `visionary' Ohio official
- SBK-Brooks' trust targets untapped minority investors. King, Michael L. // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/22/96, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p20
Reports on the growth of SBK-Brooks Investment Corp.'s American Diversity Growth Trust. Total investments from outside investors; Target investment markets; Criteria for the selection of investment companies.
- Broker Girton off to fast start with minority-owned company. Postman, Lore // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/8/96, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p5
Reports on SBK-Brooks Investment Corporation owned by David B. Girton. Background information on Girton and on the corporation; Comments from key persons; Hopes for 1996.
- Untitled. Patterson, Philana // Black Enterprise;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p39
Reports on an office opened by SBK-Brooks Investment Corp. in New York in May 2005. Move made by the company to hire former staffers of Ormes Capital Markets Inc.
- Now twice removed from SBK-Brooks. Park, Michelle // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p23
The article informs that a team of seven people from investment banking firm SBK-Brooks Investment Corp. has left the firm to join the minority-owned investment banking firm CastleOak Securities LP of New York.
- Cleveland Schools Taps Advisers For Capital Plan, Proposed Law. Carvin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31337, p5
Reports on the decision of Cleveland Public School District to commission financial advisory firms to handle their bond proceeds in Ohio. Selection of SBK-Brooks and Fifth Third Securities Inc. to manage capital plans of the schools; Concerns on state matching funds; Proposals forwarded to the...
- Plum job for SBK. Cornell, Ryan // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/15/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p1
Eric Small, president of Cleveland, Ohio-based investment banking firm SBK-Brooks Investment Corp., said he hopes a $233.8 million bond issue the firm completed last week for Ohio State University (OSU) in Columbus, Ohio, will lead to more opportunities in the higher education market as of...
- SBK-Brooks' pioneer spirit. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;02/22/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30833, p1
Focuses on the minority-owned investment banking firm SBK-Brooks Investment Corp. based in Cleveland, Ohio. Establishment of the company by Cleveland C. Brooks in 1987; Branch offices in several cities in the United States; Decision to turn over the leadership of the firm to Eric L. Small in...
- IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE. Anderson, James A. // Black Enterprise;Jul2008, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p38
An interview with Eric Small, chief executive officer (CEO) of SBK-Brooks Investment Corp., is presented. He cites the primary factors affecting the midyear equity market in 2008 which investors should monitor, including the increasing energy prices. Small discusses the advantages of investing...
- Detroit issues $126.3M in notes. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;7/10/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p10
This article reports that tax and revenue anticipation notes of more than $126.3 million have been issued by the city of Detroit, Michigan, in July 2006. The anticipation notes will provide cash flow for operating expenses in the new fiscal year. The issuance was managed by Cleveland, Ohio-based...