- Local trade offices. // Orange County Business Journal;7/15/96, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p21
Presents a directory of local trade offices in California. Includes Argentine Consulate; Asia Society; Austrian Trade Commission.
- Road projects key to driving commerce along the border. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;10/3/94, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the public hearing on border commerce called by the California state Assembly's Select Committee on California-Mexico affairs held in San Ysidro, California. Government officials who attended the hearing; Challenges faced by the region as a result of economic growth; Inadequate...
- Year's ending, but best may yet come. Owen, Ted // San Diego Business Journal;09/30/96, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p46
Opinion. States that by the end of 1996 significant events will take place in San Diego, California, which will impact on California's economy. Efforts by the San Diego Padres baseball team to enter the World Series; Information on the football teams; Waterfront plans made by commissioners of...
- Sharing the space--and the profits. Harman, Liz // San Diego Business Journal;2/17/97, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p17
Reports that cobranding is becoming popular in California. Why service stations are teaming up with fast-food operations; Advantages for retailers who integrate under a mega-sized development.
- Global trade is the backbone of California's future. West, Kirk // San Diego Business Journal;04/14/97, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p39
Opinion. Examines the impact of global trade on California. Indications that California's trade and investments will grow by the 21st century; Foreign trade and investment offices established in California as of April, 1997; Examination of opportunities awaiting entrepreneurs in the global...
- Business Briefs. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/05/98, Issue 322364, p2
Presents news briefs related to business enterprises in Fresno and the San Joaquin Valley, California, as of October 5, 1998. Includes growth and unemployment issues in the valley; Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co.'s plans to acquire American Metals Corp.; Changes in the state Department of...
- Growth alternatives for city promoted by alliance. Reynolds, Kelley // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/19/98, Issue 322370, p1
Focuses on the formation of the Growth Alternatives Alliance in Fresno, California. Projected positive benefits from the implementation of Landscape of Choice; Education plans of the alliance; Efforts to save farmlands.
- Business Briefs. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/21/98, Issue 322397, p2
Presents a roundup of business developments in the area of Fresno and Central San Joaquin Valley, California as of December 21, 1998. Includes plans for the Inn Centre Plaza in Fresno; Fresno City College Export Center's development of the CalTrade Coalition; Central Valley Business Educational...
- Forum on European Expansion and Global Interaction. // Perspectives;Jan2002, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p34
Reports the fourth biennial meeting on the European Expansion and Global Interaction at the Huntington Library in California. Discussion on the transnational commerce and missionary activity; Presentation of the scholars on research findings; Citation on the emergence of colonial identities.