Far West Bond-Watch
- Family values for leaders. Ulmer, Fran // State Government News;Sep95, Vol. 38 Issue 9, pVI
Presents Council of State Governments' Toll Fellowship program graduate Fran Ulmer's essay on real-life leadership lessons. Need for more female leaders.
- Sustainable development and Alaska. Middleton, Saundra // Alaska Business Monthly;Sep99, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p66
Presents an interview with Alaska Lieutenant-Governor Fran Ulmer on sustainable development. Views of the current government on sustainable development; Grant program of the Alaskan government on sustainable development; Application of telemedicine to sustainable development.
- Ulmer appointed to FCC committee. // State Government News;Dec97, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p40
Announces the appointment of Alaska Lieutenant Governor Fran Ulmer to the US Federal Communications Commission Local and State Government Advisory Committee. Duties and responsibilities as chairman of the Alaska Telecommunications Council; Contact information.
- RIGHT MOVES. // Alaska Business Monthly;Jul2008, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p52
The article announces career developments of executives from various companies in Alaska including Lori Stepansky as president for the Southeast Alaska Tourism Council (SATC) board retreat, Karl Hanneman as director of corporate for Teck Cominco Alaska and Fran Ulmer as chancellor for the...
- It Takes 'Courage' To See Folks As More Than Just An 'Application' Bartlett, Michael // Credit Union Journal;6/27/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p48
The article reports on the assertion of Rex Johnson, founder of Lending Solutions in Elgin, Illinois, credit unions (CUs) have made a common mistake by denying members' credit applications and credit scores without knowing their members on a personal level.
- ARE TWO ELECTION HATS TOO MANY? Jacobson, Louis // National Journal;8/11/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 32, p2562
Discusses the arguments regarding the impact of state officials, with dual role in campaigning for a candidate, on the credibility of elections in the United States. Overview of the controversy faced by Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris during the 2000 presidential election; Views of...
- Fran ulmer. Anjum, Shehla // Alaska Business Monthly;Jun2015, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p8
The article discusses life and career of Fran Ulmer, an administrator and Democratic politician from the U.S. state of Alaska. It states that presently at the age of sixty-eight, Ulmer works as the chair of the U.S. Arctic Policy Research Commission, and discusses how Ulmer set an example for...
- Life lessons in leadership. Stuart, Elaine // State Government News;Sep99, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p20
Interviews Nebraska Speaker Doug Kristensen, Alaska Lieutenant Governor Fran Ulmer, Delaware Secretary of Labor Lisa Blunt-Bradley and Virginia Attorney General Mark Earley about state leadership. Qualities of good leaders; How expectations of public leaders have changed; How leaders can improve...
- The Quiet Mountains. // Fly Fisherman;Feb2006, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p24
Reviews the book "The Quiet Mountains," by Rex Johnson.