Report: State Tax Collections Show Significant Drop
- THE ELASTICITY OF STATE INCOME TAXES: A FURTHER CONSIDERATION. Greytak, David; Thursby, Jerry // National Tax Journal;Dec80, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p497
This article reports on extensions of an earlier analysis which provides a broader rationale and some empirical support for a declining revenue elasticity of state income taxes. The first extension is the replication of our previously reported analysis for the Maryland State income tax. The...
- Forecasting Revenue Receipts in the States: Current Challenges in California. Williams, Brad; Ingenito, Robert // National Tax Journal;Sep99, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p361
Abstract - General Fund revenue growth in California has been quite strong in recent years, led by major increases in personal income taxes (PITS). This paper reviews the performance of the state's major taxes in the recent expansion, then turns to the main issue facing revenue estimators in...
- States rely more and more on income taxes. // State Legislatures;Sep98, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p7
Reports the increasing reliance of states in the United States on personal income taxes for revenue. Primary source of revenue of the states before; Factors that contribute to the increase in personal income tax.
- Revenue Equivalence and Income Taxation. Grimm, Veronika; Schmidt, Ulrich // Journal of Economics & Finance;Spring2000, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p56
Considers the classical independent private values model of auction theory in the presence of income taxation. Validity of revenue equivalence if income taxes are proportional; Effects of progressive and regressive taxes on asymmetries between bidders; Risk aversion and fear of collusion among...
- State Tax Bites. // Practical Accountant;Oct2000, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the growth of total tax revenue in the second quarter of year 2000 in the United States. Results of a nationwide survey by Rockefeller Institute of Government; States with largest growth of personal income taxes.
- Definition of Terms. // Internal Revenue Bulletin;10/27/2014, Vol. 2014 Issue 44, pi
The article presents definition of terms in the October 27, 2014 issue of "Internal Revenue Bulletin" including the words "amplified," "clarified" and "distinguished."
- Michigan Revenues Set to Beat Projections by $700M. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;5/16/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33913, p20
The article informs that Michigan could collect revenues of 700 million U.S. dollars by advancement in personal income taxes from investors who are selling their stocks and investments due to fears of the consequences of the federal fiscal cliff in the U.S.
- A Better March. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31863, p29
Reports revenue collections of Georgia as of March 2004. Increase in collections; Growth in income tax collected from individual and corporations.
- State Revs Up in January. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;2/17/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33469, p7
The article reports that Georgia's state revenues have increased by 1.17 million dollars, or 8.1 percent in January 2011, and the state's income tax revenue for January 2011 increased by 94 million dollars, or 12.2 percent, as compared to the previous year.