Jobless Claims Up 19,000 to 426,000
- Jobless claims up 3,000 to 302,000. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;06/25/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30670, p2
Presents the Labor Department report on the rise in the number of first-time requests for state unemployment insurance claims in Washington.
- Jobless Claims Fall 34,000 to 324,000. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;12/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32524, p2
The article reports on the decrease of the unemployment benefits in the week ending December 2, 2006 by the Dept. of Labor and Industries in Washington. The previous week's level of 358,000 was decreased to 324,000. Meanwhile, the number of unemployed in week ending was 2.524 million, an...
- Hey, no hassle, just help to cut down L&I injuries & costs. Volyn, Kari // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jul96, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the services offered by the Washington Department of Labor and Industries. Consultation program; Cooperation with employers in the creation of return to work plans.
- L&I refunds $66 million to businesses. // Wenatchee Business Journal;May95, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p38
Reports that the Washington Department of Labor and Industries will refund $66 million to employers who participated in its retrospective rating program.
- Payrolls Down 131,000; Jobless Rate Stays 9.5%. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;8/9/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33363, p32
The article reports on the data released by the Labor Department in Washington, showing the decrease in nonfarm payrolls and the 9.5% unemployment rate.
- Stericycle workers get compensation. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;12/22/97, Vol. 3 Issue 32, p2
Reports that according to the Washington Department of Labor and Industries, three employees at a Stericycle Incorporated medical waster treatment facility, in Morton, Washington, probably contracted tuberculosis from their jobs. Compensation the employees will receive; Comments from Steve...
- HOW TO ENFORCE ERGONOMICS. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p12
Discusses the process used by the Washington Department of Labor and Industries in drafting enforcement policies and procedures. Review of the draft enforcement materials; Revisions of the materials; Field testing of the policies in a number of workplaces; Presentation of the final version of...
- L&I adopts rate hike. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/11/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 25, pA2
Reports that the Washington state Department of Labor and Industries has announced an average 9.8 percent general rate increase in worker's compensation premiums effective January 1, 2004.
- Workshops aim at controling L&I costs. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Feb96, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p27
Lists the workshops offered by the United States Department of Labor and Industries for the month of February 1996. Includes Making Cents of Your Premium Dollars; Excavation and Trenching; Controlling Your Claims Costs.