New York Agencies Seek Added Concessions for Liberty Bonds
- IRS Liberty Bond Clarification Could Move Projects Forward. Ferris, Craig T.; McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31663, p5
The United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) told that tax-exempt New York Liberty Bonds are treated like exempt facility bonds and can be used to fund qualified project costs. IRS also said the bonds can be currently refunded and refunding deals would not count against the $8 billion limit...
- N.Y. City Seeks Wetland Mitigation Bank Partners. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/30/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34035, p1
The article informs that New York City Economic Development Corp. (NYCEDC), a not-for-profit corporation, is seeking partners who can construct and operate New York's first wetland mitigation bank situated on the West Shore of Staten Island, New York. It mentions views of the president of Empire...
- NYC ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORP. LAUNCHES ONECAMPUSNYC.COM. // Online Product News;Sep2008, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p3
The article reviews the web site OneCampusNYC.com launched by the New York City Economic Development Corp.
- NEW YORK, NEW YORK. // Crain's New York Business;11/14/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p0006
The article presents news briefs from New York. Steve Rosenbaum, founder and chief executive of Web video provider Magnify.net, has been given the position of entrepreneur at large by New York City Economic Development Corp. Bike New York's first New York City Bike Expo will take place from May...
- Ice palace or shopping mall Kingsbridge decision nears. GEIGER, DANIEL // Crain's New York Business;1/7/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses the planned redevelopment of the Bronx's Kingsbridge Armory. It mentions that the New York City Economic Development Corp. will soon decide whether to convert the property into a massive ice-skating center or an urban mall. Marlene Cintron of the Bronx Overall Economic...
- N.Y.C. Agency to Sell Up to $65 Million for Tennis Center. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31611, p32
In a deal that could be priced in the next few weeks, the New York City Industrial Development Agency approved selling up to $65 million in civic facility revenue bonds for the United States Tennis Association's (USTA) National Tennis Center in Queens. New York City owns the grounds of the...
- Lehman's Robert Lieber Picked To Head New York City EDC and IDA. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/17/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32548, p36
The article reports on the appointment of Robert C. Lieber as president of the New York City Economic Development Corp. Lieber was appointed by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg. Lieber will also serve as chairman of the New York City Industrial Development Agency. The NYCIDA issued 2.11...
- New York City EDC Gets New Finance VP. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32259, p32
Reports on the recruitment of Maureen Babis as vice president of financing at the New York City Economic Development Corp.
- THE WEEK AHEAD. Panara, Suzanne // Crain's New York Business;1/23/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p0022
The article offers information on several conferences and seminars to be held in New York including the tax credit conference by the New York City Economic Development Corp., the presentation of the Tony Award nominee by Jazz at Lincoln Center and the conference by NYU Stern School of Business