Outlook Dims Over Dallas
- Imlay City Increase. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/14/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31862, p33
Focuses on the improvement of rating on the limited tax general obligation debt for Imlay City, Michigan to BBB from BBB-minus according to Standard & Poor's Corp.
- S&P Raises Anchorage Outlook to Positive. // Bond Buyer;3/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32090, p2
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has revised its outlook to from stable to positive and affirmed its AA minus rating on Anchorage, Alaska's general obligation bonds.
- Standard & Poor's Upgrades Providence to A From A-Minus. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;3/15/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32090, p4
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded the bond ratings of Providence, Rhode Island to A from A-minus. Basis of the upgrade; Increase in the ratings on Providence Public Building Authority's outstanding lease revenue bonds; Improvement in the finances of the city.
- Standard & Poor's Upgrades Knoxville, Tenn., GOs to AA-Plus. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/27/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32844, p6
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded the rating it gave to Knoxville, Tennessee from AA to AA-plus. Sarah Smaardyk, Standard & Poor's analyst and author of the report, reveals that the rating reflects the stable and expanding regional economic base of the city. According...
- City Pension Funding Dips. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/18/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32448, p31
The article reports that the three largest California cities being rated by Standard & Poor's have all seen reduced pension funding since 2000, though their ratings remain unaffected. A news release issued by the agency breaks down the performance of San Francisco, San Jose and Los Angeles as...
- State's credit rating upgraded. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;01/26/98, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p3
Reports that Michigan's credit rating was upgraded from AA to AA+ by New York's Wall Street-based Standard & Poor's Corporation, a reflection of improvement in the financial status and management of the state. Indication of the upgraded rating on general-obligation bonds; Concerns of what will...
- Blagojevich Scandal Hits Illinois Finance. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/12/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33022, p1
The article reports on the impact of Gov. Rod Blagojevich's corruption scandal on Chicago, Illinois' finances. The city started to feel the financial fallout as Standard & Poor's Corp. mentioned it in its decision to put the state's credit on negative CreditWatch and finance officials delayed a...
- S&P assigns first issuer rating in California. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p5
Focuses on Standard & Poor's issuance of an issuer credit rating to Long Beach, California. Features of the rating; Reason for the issuance of the rating to Long Beach; Number of municipalities which have received such ratings.
- S&P Pushes Nassau County, N.Y., Up A Notch, Citing 'Significant Progress'. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p3
Reports that credit rating company Standard & Poor's Corp. has upgraded Nassau County, New York's ratings. Reasons cited for the upgradation; Upgrade of ratings by other credit rating companies; Issues to be resolved for the county.