Concurrent Validity of Caregiver/ Parent Report Measures of Language for Children Who Are Learning Both English and Spanish
- Automated Grammatical Tagging of Child Language Samples. Channell, Ron W.; Johnson, Bonnie W. // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Jun1999, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p727
Presents information on a study which examined the accuracy of automated grammatical tagging of child language samples. Methodology; Results; Discussion.
- Exploring patterns of adaptation in child-directed speech during the process of early grammaticalization in child language. van Dijk, Marijn; van Geert, Paul // Language, Interaction & Acquisition;2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p61
This contribution analyzes adaptation between child language and child-directed speech (CDS) during the development of grammaticalization in child language. The study compares developmental trajectories of three children (learning Dutch, Austrian German and French) with the trajectories of the...
- On the Value of Repeated Measures of Intention, Vocabulary, and Grammar for Children With Autism. Michiels, Heidi H.; Oetting, Janna B. // Contemporary Issues in Communication Science & Disorders;Spring2010, Vol. 37, p40
Purpose: Repeated measures of communicative intention, vocabulary, and grammar were collected from a child with autism during the course of community-based treatment. Method: Data were collected for 14 months using language samples and the MacArthur Communicative Development Inventory (Fenson et...
- Dwyane Wade. Henry, Denise // Scholastic Action;10/23/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p4
A quiz on word contractions is presented.
- The Scope 100. // Scholastic Scope;5/7/2007, Vol. 55 Issue 17, p22
The article presents several questions concerning vocabulary exercises.
- Test Your Writing Skills. Dempsey, Bobbi // Office Professional;Dec2012, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p4
A quiz concerning the correct use of words "that" and "which" is presented.
- How to use words wisely. // Pipe Dream;10/26/2010, Vol. 78 Issue 13, p6
In this article, the author discusses the proper use of words.
- Disagreeable English. // Vocabula Review;Feb2011, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
The article offers information on the grammatical corrections for several misused words, such as observance and observation and way and ways, to improve one's writing and speaking abilities.
- Write the Right Word. KOERSELMAN-NEWMAN, VIRGINIA // Facts & Findings;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p34
A quiz concerning vocabulary usage is presented.