A Screening Version of the Swedish Communicative Development Inventories Designed for Use With 18-Month-Old Children
- Development and Evaluation of a Computer-Animated Tutor for Vocabulary and Language Learning in Children with Autism. Bosseler, Alexis; Massaro, Dominic W. // Journal of Autism & Developmental Disorders;Dec2003, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p653
Using our theoretical framework of multimodal processing, we developed and evaluated a computer-animated tutor, Baldi, to teach vocabulary and grammar for children with autism. Baldi was implemented in a Language Wizard/Player, which allows easy creation and presentation of a language lesson...
- Language Development and Assessment in the Preschool Period. Conti-Ramsden, Gina; Durkin, Kevin // Neuropsychology Review;Dec2012, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p384
Most young children make significant progress in learning language during the first 4 years of life. Delays or differences in patterns of language acquisition are sensitive indicators of developmental problems. The dynamic, complex nature of language and the variability in the timing of its...
- Learning First Words. // Scholastic Parent & Child;Jun-Aug2005, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p68
The article presents a study done at the University of Reading, England, which suggests that babies can learn new words not related to their daily routines. Parents of 9-month-olds were given books and picture cards and then used them to play simple sorting games. Three months later, each child...
- Referential Communication Skills of Children With Williams Syndrome: Understanding When Messages Are Not Adequate. John, Angela E.; Rowe, Melissa L.; Mervis, Carolyn B. // American Journal on Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities;Mar2009, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p85
Although children with Williams syndrome have relatively good structural language and concrete vocabulary abilities, they have difficulty with pragmatic aspects of language. To investigate the impact of pragmatic difficulties on listener-role referential communication, we administered a picture...
- INTERESES Y NECESIDADES COMUNICATIVAS EN LA INFANCIA PREESCOLAR. Hidalgo Rosabal, Yanmila; Quesada Ramírez, Carmen Eulalia; Álvarez Cortés, Alexis Benancio // Revista Didasc@lia: DidÃ¡ctica y EducaciÃ³n;jul-sep2013, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p123
The identification of interests and communicative needs constitutes an important premise to make the dynamics of the educational process of communication in babyhood perfect and it constitutes the central axis of this article looking out on offering theoretic practical considerations referred to...
- VOCABULARY QUIZ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;10/30/2006, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p8
A vocabulary quiz for children is presented.
- What's the Word? // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;3/1/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 17, p4
Presents a vocabulary-building activity for children.
- WORD workout. // Scholastic News -- Edition 5/6;11/13/2006, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p8
A quiz measuring vocabulary skills of children is presented.
- What's the Word? // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;09/11/2000, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p4
Presents a vocabulary activity for children.