East St. Louis, Ill., Mayor vows legal action to prevent a State-Imposed budget for city
- Gordon Bush wins mayoral primary in E. St. Louis. // Jet;3/18/91, Vol. 79 Issue 22, p18
Relates the Democratic mayoral primary race in E. St. Louis, Ill., which Gordon Bush won. He will become mayor of the city unless a write-in candidate files by March 29. Bush's plans for city.
- Mayor finds city pride in trash fight. Gerlat, Allan // Waste News;11/03/97, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p4
Presents information on Gordon D. Bush, Mayor of East Saint Louis, Illinois who has called for a clean up of the streets of crime and trash. Background information on Bush; Number of years the city had not had trash picked up; Amount of money needed in equipment for city trash services;...
- East St. Louis mayor gambles and wins. Ward, Janet // American City & County;May95, Vol. 110 Issue 6, p70
Profiles Gordon Bush, mayor of East Saint Louis, Illinois. Ambivalence to Republican and Democratic parties in seeking support for the city; Policies on gambling; Benefits of gambling policies on the city.
- Rebuilding from the rubble. Barrett, T. // Newsweek;8/19/1991, Vol. 118 Issue 8, p22
Considers if East St. Louis's new mayor, Gordon Bush, can save the city. Profile of the city; How Gordon Bush now has the city moving; The 12-year, controversial former Mayor Carl E. Officer; The county's funding of a $100,000 environmental impact study of riverfront development; The new...
- E. St. Louis, Ill., begins battle against state panel. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;12/29/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30300, p33
States that in order to thwart a state oversight panel mayor, Gordon Bush of East Saint Louis, Illinois and his staff filed court documents in December 1997. Why Bush and his staff filed the documents; Reference to the hearing against the East Saint Louis Financial Advisory Authority; Comments...
- Kindred Spirits. Crawford, Craig // National Journal;9/19/98, Vol. 30 Issue 38, p2190
Reveals that Blacks are more forgiving of United States President Bill Clinton's misconduct, according to East Saint Louis Mayor Gordon Bush. Support expressed by the Congressional Black Caucus for Clinton.
- East St. Louis, Ill., is `flat on its back,' but the mayor somehow stays hopeful. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;01/21/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30314, p1
Focuses on the optimism of Gordon Bush as mayor of East Saint Louis, Illinois despite the city's social and financial problems. Inability to secure an investment-grade bond rating; Dependence on waning gambling revenues from a riverboat; Decline in tax base; High crime rate; Biggest...