Computer delays deregulated power exchange in California
- A Costly Wait. Ekelund Jr., Robert; Thornton, Mark // Electric Perspectives;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p16
Reports the financial losses of the electric industries due to deregulation and delays in mergers. Reasons for delay in mergers of companies in the deregulated market; Federal hurdles faced by mergers; Efficiency problems faced by mergers; Significance of mergers for competition and efficiency...
- How electricity deregulation affects industry. // IIE Solutions;Jan99, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the efforts of engineers and economists at Cornell University to explore the repercussions of electricity deregulation on American industry. Comments from Richard Schuler, professor of economics and civil and environment engineering at Cornell; Objective of the research project;...
- How to shop smart for electric power. McQueen, Mari // Money;Nov99, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p182
Offers information to consumers on how to figure out the best options when choosing an electricity provider. Services that deregulation applies to; Why more choices has seldom meant big savings; How to determine if money can be saved by switching providers; What to consider in a better deal.
- The human cost of deregulation. Irwin, Patricia // Electrical World;Dec97, Vol. 211 Issue 12, p33
No abstract available.
- Has financial deregulation failed? Valentine, Tom // IPA Review;Summer91, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p38
Attempts to redefine the criticism on the results of financial deregulation in New South Wales, Australia. Effect of deregulation in the state's economy; Financial deregulation; Role of banks in implementing social policies.
- Concerning profit &loss. // Electrical World;Jul97, Vol. 211 Issue 7, p33
Reports that in an effort to focus on a deregulation economy, and still receive return on sales, utility managers and energy services suppliers are searching for alternative sources of profitable revenues. Actions of suppliers in relation to the survival of their businesses; Impact of a...
- Dealing With Deregulation. Mineo, Ronald; Stehn, John // American School & University;Jul99, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p60
Discusses several factors that should be kept in mind by school administrators in dealing with the economic effects of deregulation. Importance of understanding the restructuring plan of utilities; Benefit from learning how the commodity market works; Familiarization with the equipment.
- Telecom spending surging as battlefield is expanding. Cleland, Kim // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Sep96, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the expected increase in the telecommunication industry's advertising expenditures as a result of government deregulation. Expenses incurred by the big 3 long-distance service providers; AT&T's plan for a corporate branding campaign.
- Taking regulators to court. Andelman, David A. // Management Review;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p30
Discusses the actions taken by businesses against the federal regulators of the United States (US). Legislation and business regulations; Effects of the move made by the US Congress in deregulating legislations; Factors on how can a company can pursue regulatory changes.