What Adlerians Consider Important for Communication and Decision-Making in the Workplace: Mutual Respect and Democratic Leadership Style
- guidelines for success and failure in groups. Hensley, Wayne E. // Supervision;May2014, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p25
The article presents a list of guidelines for success and failures in business groups. Topics include the role of leadership in groups, the importance of communication within teams, and steps that end with group failure including failing to have regular meetings, dividing up the work, and not...
- Adlerian Principles and Methods Apply to Workplace Problems. Ferguson, Eva Dreikurs // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Sep96, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p270
Discusses the Adlerian principle of `open center counseling' in solving workplace problems. Role of interpersonal dynamics; Creation of work teams; Individual's sense of belongingness; Analogy between workplace problems and school problems; Application of the `open center approach' to a...
- Democratic Workplaces. Lubans Jr., John // American Libraries;Jun2014, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p9
A letter to the editor is provided in response to the column "Leading from All Sides" by Joe Janes and published in the March/April 2014 issue.
- Threats of Violence in the Workplace. Myer, Rick A.; Casile, William J. // Organization Development Journal;Spring2010, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p57
This article describes a model to think about threats of violence in businesses. Threats are examined based on communication, credibility, lethality, process, specificity, and type. Business leadership can use this model to understand threats in order to make decisions about what if any actions...
- Black River Memorial uses the flexible approach. Landen, Rachel // Modern Healthcare;10/28/2013 Supplement World Class Workplace, p26
The article focuses on Black River Memorial Hospital, which is ranked number six in Modern Healthcare's 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2013, and ranked number 4 in the medium-size category. Holly Winn, the hospital's human resources vice president, says that leadership contributes an...
- New Communication Demands of the 21st Century Workplace. Grau, Jennifer; Grau, Carole // Listening Professional;Summer2003, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p3
Examines the changing communication demands of the 21st century workplace and job market in the U.S. Importance of communication skills; Conflict management skills; Work climates; Decision-making skills; Issues on management and organization.
- 30 great interview questions to identify candidates' soft skills. // HR Specialist: Texas Employment Law;Jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p4
The article presents sample questions to help hiring managers to identify candidates' soft skills including decision-making, communication, and leadership.
- Democratic parenting: paradoxical messages in democratic parent education theories. Oryan, Shlomit; Gastil, John // International Review of Education / Internationale Zeitschrift f;Jun2013, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p113
Some prominent parent education theories in the United States and other Western countries base their educational viewpoint explicitly on democratic values, such as mutual respect, equality and personal freedom. These democratic parenting theories advocate sharing power with children and...
- Good Leaders Have To Let Employees Make Mistakes. // Entrepreneurs Should Allow People Room to Fail;Feb2012, p1
Video Length: One minute and 16 seconds. Entrepreneurs must not always solve their employees problems; instead, they must create an organization where it is okay to make mistakes.