What Adlerians Consider Important for Communication and Decision-Making in the Workplace: Mutual Respect and Democratic Leadership Style
- guidelines for success and failure in groups. Hensley, Wayne E. // Supervision;May2014, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p25
The article presents a list of guidelines for success and failures in business groups. Topics include the role of leadership in groups, the importance of communication within teams, and steps that end with group failure including failing to have regular meetings, dividing up the work, and not...
- Adlerian Principles and Methods Apply to Workplace Problems. Ferguson, Eva Dreikurs // Individual Psychology: The Journal of Adlerian Theory, Research ;Sep96, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p270
Discusses the Adlerian principle of `open center counseling' in solving workplace problems. Role of interpersonal dynamics; Creation of work teams; Individual's sense of belongingness; Analogy between workplace problems and school problems; Application of the `open center approach' to a...
- Democratic Workplaces. Lubans Jr., John // American Libraries;Jun2014, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p9
A letter to the editor is provided in response to the column "Leading from All Sides" by Joe Janes and published in the March/April 2014 issue.
- Black River Memorial uses the flexible approach. Landen, Rachel // Modern Healthcare;10/28/2013 Supplement World Class Workplace, p26
The article focuses on Black River Memorial Hospital, which is ranked number six in Modern Healthcare's 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2013, and ranked number 4 in the medium-size category. Holly Winn, the hospital's human resources vice president, says that leadership contributes an...
- 30 great interview questions to identify candidates' soft skills. // HR Specialist: Texas Employment Law;Jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p4
The article presents sample questions to help hiring managers to identify candidates' soft skills including decision-making, communication, and leadership.
- Democratic parenting: paradoxical messages in democratic parent education theories. Oryan, Shlomit; Gastil, John // International Review of Education / Internationale Zeitschrift f;Jun2013, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p113
Some prominent parent education theories in the United States and other Western countries base their educational viewpoint explicitly on democratic values, such as mutual respect, equality and personal freedom. These democratic parenting theories advocate sharing power with children and...
- LEADING WITH COURAGE. Treasurer, Bill // HR Professional;Jan2011, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p50
The article discusses the importance of courage in the workplace. It mentions that sales, innovation, and leadership require courage, as it is the most important human and business virtue. It says that courage also reflects the attributes of great leadership because it affects assertive but...
- Good Leaders Have To Let Employees Make Mistakes. // Entrepreneurs Should Allow People Room to Fail;Feb2012, p1
Video Length: One minute and 16 seconds. Entrepreneurs must not always solve their employees problems; instead, they must create an organization where it is okay to make mistakes.
- Managerial Leadership. Tiwary, Richa S. // Managerial Leadership -- Research Starters Business;1/1/2015, p1
This paper will provide an overview of the necessary qualities of effective management and discuss how adhering to core values and maintaining standards of ethical conduct are necessary to achieve managerial leadership. There are certain necessary qualities for effective management. Managers...