The Lessons Learned--Times Four
- US NAVAL INDUSTRIAL BASE PART I: SURVEY NAVAL SHIPYARDS. Kreisher, Otto // Naval Forces;2010, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p76
The article reports on the survey regarding the condition of naval shipyards industry in the U.S. It states that the naval industrial sector is facing another period of turmoil, which might result in consolidation among other companies. It also notes that shipbuilding sector in the country is...
- SHIPYARD TRAINING. LUNDQUIST, EDWARD // Naval Forces;2014, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p94
The article discusses the importance of training in shipyard. It states that shipyards performing maintenance and construction of naval vessels are highly specialised industries requiring a stable and skilled workforce. It further presents the statement of Vice Admiral William Hilarides,...
- Bases Worldwide. // All Hands;Jan2006, Issue 1065, p4
A list of naval bases of the U.S. across the world is presented.
- NADEP update. // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p5
Presents news items on naval bases in the United States as of September 1994. Team up between NADEP Cherry Point, North Carolina and McDonnell Douglas Aerospace to update existing aircraft; Arrival of the F/A-18 Hornet at the NADEP San Diego, California.
- COMBAT FLEETS. Baker III, A. D. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Apr2002, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p108
Features several warships in the U.S. Destination of Ibn Harissa for commercial operation; Purchase of financially troubled Royal Schelde yard; Abolishment of the Royal Australian Navy guided missile destroyer.
- Hoosier resource threatened again. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p17
Reports the efforts of hoosiers to keep the Crane Naval Center open in Indiana. Necessity to reeducate residents of the military facility; Information on the economic potentials of the facility; Factors contributing to the closure of the naval center.
- Cuba Joins Nuclear Terrorism Convention. Weitz, Richard // World Politics Review (Selective Content);6/30/2009, p1
The article reports on the decision of Cuba to accede to the United Nation's (U.N.) Nuclear Terrorism Convention on June 17, 2012. The move is considered an effort to boost the country's counterterrorist record. The country's decision was contested by the U.S. and other foreign governments. It...
- Cutting a Chain of Links. // Time;1/4/1971, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p47
The article reports that the U.S. will build a joint British-American air and radio communications center on Diego Garcia, an atoll in the Indian Ocean. The facility will provide support for Great Britain and the U.S. planes and ships. It is informed that the facility will serve as a...
- 23 squadrons to shut down. // Naval Aviation News;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p7
Reports that the US Navy plans to disestablish 23 squadrons and integrate two more during the fiscal year 1995.