A Clear, Concise, and Powerful Navy Vision
- CNO Announces Plans to Align the Fleet. // All Hands;Dec2001, Issue 1016, p13
Discusses the plan of United States Navy Chief of Naval Operations Vern Clark to align the fleet in order to allow it to effectively achieve its primary mission.
- A Focus on Future Readiness. Fanning, Timothy O. // Sea Power;Mar2003, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p5
Comments on the speech of U.S. Chief of Naval Operations Administrator Vern Clark about accomplishments of the fleet. Validation of assessment on performance of naval personnel; Focus of the administration; Commitment to rebuild the U.S. armed forces.
- CNO Visits Fleet in San Diego. // All Hands;Nov2000, Issue 1003, p13
Deals with the visit of United States Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Vern Clark to Navy leaders and sailors in San Diego, California in 2000.
- Sea Power 21 To Shape Future Navy. Ham IV, Walter T. // All Hands;Dec2002, Issue 1028, p14
Explains the Sea Power 21 vision of the U.S. Navy, as discussed by Chief of Naval Operations Vern Clark in his message to the U.S. naval fleet in 2002.
- Navy Budget To Outline New Concept's Weapons Impact. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/8/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p27
Provides insight into the direction of the U.S. Navy following the implementation of an operational concept proposed by the service's military leadership. Visions of Chief of Naval Operations Administration Vern Clark for the Navy; Launch of the E-2C radar modernization program; Confusion of...
- Teamwork, Flexibility, & Sustained Combat Power. // Sea Power;Oct2002, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p13
Interviews U.S. Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Vern Clark. U.S. Navy and Marine Corps' performance against terrorism; Retention statistics of the service; Funding of the Navy's recapitalization and transformation programs; Procurement programs of the service.
- NAVAL INSTITUTE FOUNDATION. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct2002, Vol. 128 Issue 10, p124
Highlights the events of the Naval Institute Foundation in U.S. Induction of Michael A. Howland into the Commodore Club in Virginia Beach; List of signature club members; Vision of Chief Navy Officer Admiral Vern Clark on the 21st century Sea Power 21 program.
- CNO Sets the Course for Navy Leaders. Ham IV, Walter T. // All Hands;Mar2002, Issue 1019, p12
Reports on the 'CNO Guidance 2002' released by Admiral Vern Clark, Chief of Naval Operations of the U.S. Navy. Goal of the guidance; Major challenge of the Navy; Recommendations in ensuring the military preparedness of the fleet.
- CNO Emphasizes Importance of Message Alignment. Ham, Walter T. // All Hands;Jul2002, Issue 1023, p12
Discusses the speech of Chief of Naval Operations ADM Vern Clark during the 2002 Worldwide Navy Public Affairs Symposium. Importance of message alignment; Organizational self-talk at every level of the chain of command; Challenge of Vern to the public affairs community.