An Eclectic Overview of U.S. Navy Programs
- Navy weapons systems. // All Hands;Jan1995, Issue 933, p46
Features the US Navy's weapons systems. Air-to-air missiles; Cruise missiles; Fleet ballistic missiles; Air-to-ground missiles; Aegis system; Naval guns; Illustration of the battle-ready shipboard sailor.
- Navy weapons systems. // All Hands;Jan1996, Issue 945, p34
Features the US Navy's weapons systems. Air-to-air missiles; Cruise missiles; Surface-to-air missiles; Fleet ballistic missiles; Air-to-ground missiles.
- Naval weapons. // All Hands;Jan1998, Issue 969, p24
Features US Navy's naval weapons. Includes air-to-air missiles; Cruise missiles; Fleet ballistic missiles; Naval guns.
- NSSN. // All Hands;Jan1998, Issue 969, p26
Features US Navy's NSSN warship. Displacement; Payload; Weapons launch; Design; Speed; Depth; Length; Beam; Weapons.
- New post-cold-war vessel would pack huge punch. Landay, Jonathan S. // Christian Science Monitor;4/4/96, Vol. 88 Issue 90, p1
Reports that the United States Navy is pushing ahead with plans to construct a warship by the name of `Arsenal Ship', which is seen as a critical tool for fulfilling post-cold-war United States' strategic requirements. Amount of cruise missiles which the ship will carry; Reason the ship is...
- Back seat driver. Asker, James R. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;10/16/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 16, p19
Reports on Chief of Naval Operations Administration Jeremy Boorda's prediction that aircraft will become less crucial to the US Navy while weapons increase in importance. Plan to buy a missile that will likely be a version of the Army's Tactical Missile System (ATACMS).
- NWEF Albuquerque. Burgess, Rick // Naval Aviation News;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p8
Discusses the disestablishment of the Naval Weapons Evaluation Facility (NWEF) in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Background on establishment of the NWEF; Mission and working relationship with Naval Ordnance Test Station.
- HC-4 transitions to MH-53Es. // Naval Aviation News;May/Jun95, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p6
Reports that the HC-4 helicopter is transitioning to MH-53E Sea Dragons from the CH-53E Super Stallions which it brought to Naval Air Station Sigonella, Italy.
- Dust Devils showcase new technology. Cupido, Joe; Karppi, Wendy // Naval Aviation News;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 80 Issue 2, p20
Reports on the inaugural Developmental Weapons Symposium conducted by the US Navy's Naval Weapons Test Squadron in China Lake, California. Attendees; Displays of the service's weapons programs; Plans of the squadron on future staging of the symposium.
- New standard missile enters key test phase. Hughes, David // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/13/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 24, p25
Reports on the plans of the Navy to begin firings of the Standard Missile 2 Block 4 at sea in July, 1994 as preparation for follow-on testing at White Sands Missile Range, N.M. in 1995. Demonstration of the weapon's capability against tactical ballistic missiles; Recommendations made by the...