A Quick Look At Millennium Challenge '02
- Jointness--essayons! Gibson, Lee // Engineer;Aug94, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p32
Opinion. Stresses the need for US Army engineers to take advantage of the trend toward joint operations in the military. Strategic level; Operational level; Tactical level.
- Separate definitions hobble `joint' forces. Davis, M. Thomas // Government Executive;Feb2000, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p70
Evaluates the United States Armed Forces' progress in conducting joint operations. Definition of `joint' forces; Position of military leaders on joint solutions; Performance of the Joint Requirements Oversight Council, the organization responsible for improving the military's joint forces...
- Dahlgren to Showcase Sea Service War Fighting. Walsh, Edward J. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jul2001, Vol. 127 Issue 7, p105
Reports on the United States Navy and Marine Corps' 2001 Joint Stock Warrior Interoperability Demonstration (JSID) in Virginia. Innovative technologies employed in joint-service mission areas; Format of the exercise.
- Making the Joint Journey. Owens, William A. // JFQ: Joint Force Quarterly;Spring2003, Issue 34, p76
Analyzes changes in U.S. joint operations and joint force planning since the 1986 Goldwater-Nichols Department of Defense Reorganization Act. Coordination of planning among the major services; Requirements of joint operations; Key elements of successful joint force planning.
- Joint ops: They don't just happen. Barnett, John // All Hands;Dec94, Issue 932, p34
Focuses on the joint operations exercise of the US Navy, Army and Air Force Special Operations Forces in preparation for invading Haiti and driving away its military rulers. Testing of joint operations between the Navy and Army aboard USS George Washington; Planning stage; Integration of Army...
- Joint campaigning in 2010. Hooker Jr., Richard D. // JFQ: Joint Force Quarterly;Autumn98/Winter99, Issue 20, p40
Presents a simulated war between the United States and a regional adversary in 2010 involving American joint forces. Service visions about how to fight; National military strategy of the United States Armed Forces in 2010; Goal of joint warfighting; Friction in joint operations.
- Operational Concept Found: Rapid Decisive Operations As a Joint Operational Concept. Becker, Jeffrey J. // Army Magazine;Feb2002, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p49
Discusses the rapid decisive operations (RDO) concept which is being developed by the Joint Forces Command of the U.S. Armed Forces. Seamless integration of multiservice forces to facilitate coherent joint operations; Characteristics of RDO; Operational concept explanations by David Fastabend;...
- New heights. Bacon, Lance M. // Marines;Aug95, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p15
Reports on the joint training exercise of the Second Force Reconnaissance Company of the US Marine Corps and the 123rd Combat Control Team of the Air Force. Opportunity for working cohesion; Capabilities of the teams; Testing of the teams through the parachute transitioning course; Tactical...
- Brooklyn native serves in Alaskan training exercise. Lamance, Rich // New York Amsterdam News;04/29/99, Vol. 90 Issue 18, p34
Reports on United States Army serviceman Malcolm McCrae's participation in the joint military exercise dubbed `Northern Edge 1999' in Alaska. Goals of the exercise; McCrae's duties during the exercise; Thoughts on what it was like to be deployed in Alaska.