Defense Industry Notes
- Aerospace & Defense Industry Profile: United States. // Aerospace & Defense Industry Profile: United States;Dec2008, p1
Presents a profile of the Aerospace & Defense industry in the United States. Executive summary of the industry; Market overview; Market value; Market segmentation; Competitive landscape; Leading companies in the industry; Market forecasts; Demographics; Further reading.
- Untitled. Velocci, Anthony L. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/6/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 10, p13
Focuses on General Dynamics Corp. as one of the winners in Pentagon's plan to reshape the military and preserve the defense industrial base. Increase in stock price; Confirmation of Defense Secretary Les Aspin of General Dynamics' construction of a Seawolf attack submarine; Recommendation of...
- Aerospace lifts off after decline. Slavens, Roger // B to B;2/14/2005, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p14
This article reports that due to robust spending by the U.S. Department of Defense for military aircraft, missiles and space projects, the U.S. aerospace industry generated $161 billion in sales in 2004. Revenues should continue their upward climb this year, with the Aerospace Industries...
- Northrop Grumman Awarded $96 Million Contract For Missile Defense C2MBC. // Space & Missile Defense Report;3/23/2012, p9
The article offers information that Northrop Grumman Corp., Raytheon Co., General Dynamics Corp. and Boeing Co. [BA] have been awarded 96 million dollars follow-on contract from Lockheed Martin [LMT] on the Missile Defense National Team to continue development, operations and sustainment work....
- TOP 200 CONTRACTORS. // Government Executive;8/15/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p38
The article presents a list of contractors. Some of contractors included in the list are Lockheed Martin Corp., Boeing Co., Northrop Grumman Corp., Raytheon Co., General Dynamics Corp., United Technologies Corp., Computer Sciences Corp., Bechtel Group Inc. and Halliburton Co.
- DEFENSE CONTRACTORS. // San Diego Business Journal;5/31/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p14
Presents a list of defense contractors ranked by number of local employees as of March 31, 2004 in the U.S. Rank of Science Applications International Corp.; Type of services rendered by the National Steel and Shipbuilding Co. for the Army, Navy and the Air Force; Major clients of Northrop...
- Big Deals in Short. // Armada International;Oct/Nov2004, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p6
Presents a list of deals in the U.S. defense industry as of May 2004. Development of air warrior block 3 systems by General Dynamics; Manufacturing of 150 NH90 helicopter rear fuselages by Patria; Maintenance and modernization of the USS Enterprise by Northrop Grumman.
- Navy Announces Best Industry Performers. McCarthy, Mike // Defense Daily;6/16/2014, p3
The article focuses on the statement of Sean Stackley, chief of acquisition at the U.S. Navy on the selection of defense companies whose business divisions qualified to the Superior Supplier Incentive program based on a three-year evaluation of performance records. Topics discussed include the...
- Hostile Bid for Shipbuilder Newport News Hangs on Antitrust Concerns. Shearer, Brent // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jul2001, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p19
Reports on Northrop Grumman Corp. and General Dynamics Corp.'s competing bids for Newport News Shipbuilding Inc., a Virginia-based defense contractor. Regulatory hurdles faced by the prospective buyers; Previous deals in the defense sector that could affect the companies' bids; Potential...