- The New H-1s. Klamper, Amy // Sea Power;Nov2006, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p36
The article reports on the Marine Corps H-1 helicopter program of the U.S. Navy. The roll out of H-1 will mark a major milestone for the said program. The program aims to remanufacture 280 helicopters. The 100 UH-1N and the HH-1N utility helicopters will be upgraded to UH-1Y, while the 180 AH-1W...
- New Guns. Butler, Amy // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/22/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 12, p30
This article presents information about the decision by the U.S. Special Operations Command (Socom) decision to base its future AC-130J gunship on a modular strike package. This is a completely different package than the one that is currently used by the AC-130H/U, which has side-mounted...
- Iraq,Qatar,United States : QATAR and the US sign an $11 billion deal for AMERICAN weapons. // TendersInfo News;8/5/2014, p1
The article reports on a deal signed by Qatar to acquire military weapons and equipment from the U.S. in 2014. The deal includes AH-64 helicopter gunships, NH90 transport helicopters, aerial tankers and air defense gear, including missiles. It also covers maintenance and upgrades for Qatar's...
- New model gunship to debut in Bosnia. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/11/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 24, p27
States that four Rockwell-modified AC-130U Spectre gunships are going to make their operational debut in Bosnia in November, 1995. Delivery of 12 aircrafts to the Air Force in 1994-1995; Usage of the AC-130U's three sensors.
- Heavy hitter. Sweetman, Bill // Popular Science;Feb2002, Vol. 260 Issue 2, p65
Provides information on the AC-130U gunship used in the United States military operations in Afghanistan.
- Mi-35s sought by Pakistan. // Vayau Aerospace & Defence Review;2014, Issue 4, p134
The article focuses on the issue of supply of Mi-35 gunship helicopters to Pakistan by Russia as of July 2014 and concerns raised by Indian government with Russia over the Pakistan's request for the helicopters in 2009.
- Glory for old gunship. // Professional Engineering;5/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the restoration of Victorian-era gunship, HMS Gannet, which was built in 1878.
- Two-Fisted Fighter. Wittman, Amy L. // Sea Power;Sep2009, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Otto Kreisher on plans of the U.S. Marine Corps to protect its troops against the improvised explosive devices threat in Afghanistan, one by Richard R. Burgess on the effort of the U.S. Air Force and the U.S....
- Reflections on a Final Flight. Pierce, Dale // Flying Safety;Jan1996, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p23
Reflects on the final flight of five AC-130A gunships of the United States Air Force.