- The phantom spectrum menace. Mowry, Clayton // Satellite Communications;Aug99, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p32
Comments on the Defense Authorization Act passed in the United States (US) in 1999. Background of the Act; Concern on the spectrum provisions in the Act; Implication of the Section 151 of the Act on the US Armed Forces.
- America's inoculation by Somalia. Will, George F. // Newsweek;9/6/1993, Vol. 122 Issue 10, p62
Opinion. Comments on United States intervention in Somalia. Last week's dispatch of 400 commandos to chase Somalia's `fugitive warlord'; What the War Powers Resolution of 1973 mandates; The anesthetizing effect of a Democratic president on the foreign policy assertiveness of a Democratic...
- TAX TIPS FOR SOLDIERS. Reece, Beth // Soldiers;Mar2005, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p47
Announces the provision of some special benefits to active members of the U.S. armed forces in several tax laws. Web site for tax-filling tips, fact sheets and information on the Military Family Tax Relief Act; Directions for access to the site.
- Legislative outlook. Anderson, Stephen P. // Officer;Mar2000, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the status of legislative bills affecting members of the United States Armed Forces Reserves. Includes military health care system; Tax incentives for reservists and their employers; Reserve forces equipment.
- Soldiers'amp; Sailors' Civil Relief Act. Chucala, Steven // Soldiers;Jul2003, Vol. 58 Issue 7, p32
Discusses the federal law Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief Act (SSCRA) in the U.S. Purpose of SSCRA; Permission given by the federal law to service members to suspend or delay certain civil liabilities and civil-court actions; Scope of the SSCRA.
- Appendix 2: The "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" Law. // Lesbian & Gay Movements: Assimilation or Liberation?;2008, p155
A detailed information concerning the Don't Ask, Don't Tell law of the U.S. Armed Forces that relate to the articles that appeared in the book "The Lesbian and Gay Movements: Assimilation or Liberation?," by Craig A. Rimmerman is presented.
- LAW REVIEWS. Wright, Samuel F. // Officer;Dec2002, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p39
Provides information on several laws concerning U.S. military reserves. Details on the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act's (USERRA) 'furlough or leave of absence' clause; Definition of the doctrine of ejusdem generis; Vacation benefits under the USERRA.
- Senate defeats ban on funding for Bosnia. // Human Events;12/29/95, Vol. 51 Issue 50, p22
Reports that the United States Senate rejected a bill to prohibit the use of federal money appropriated to the Department of Defense for the deployment of US ground forces in Bosnia for peacekeeping operations unless funds are specifically appropriated by Congress. Sponsor of the bill;...
- Senate rejects resolution against Bosnian mission. // Human Events;12/29/95, Vol. 51 Issue 50, p22
Reports that the United Senate rejected a concurrent resolution of opposition to President Bill Clinton's deployment of US ground forces as part of a peacekeeping mission in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Expression of support for the troops in Bosnia; Sponsors of the bill; Reason for rejecting the bill;...