The generational healing of miscarriages
- We all have fallen short of that call. // Our Sunday Visitor;10/23/2011, Vol. 100 Issue 26, p10
The article claims that every human has inherited the problem of original sin.
- Science and original sin. Wright, Robert // Time International (South Pacific Edition);11/04/96, Issue 45, p80
Opinion. Discusses how the Doctrine of Original Sin found in the Book of Genesis can be combined with the scientific application of Darwinism. The classic sins arising from natural selection; The book `Adaptation and Natural Selection,' by George Williams.
- Rethinking the medical causes of infant death in early modern Europe: a closer look at church registers and medical terminology. Radtke, Arnold // History of the Family (Elsevier Science);2002, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p505
The historical roots of the prevailing hypothesis about the main causes of high infant mortality in Europe in the last four centuries are presented in detail focusing on German sources and publications. Assumptions about infections being the main cause of deaths during infancy clearly need to be...
- Infant mortality in town and countryside: northern Germany, ca. 1750�1850. Gehrmann, Rolf // History of the Family (Elsevier Science);2002, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p545
The discussion still continues among researchers about the causes for the decline in infant mortality in widespread parts of Europe at the turn of the 19th century. This article is based on sources such as unpublished statistical material from Prussia, parish registers, and lineage and village...
- Differential infant mortality viewed from an evolutionary biological perspective. Beise, Jan; Voland, Eckart // History of the Family (Elsevier Science);2002, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p515
Evidence from family reconstitution studies suggests that variations in infant mortality may reflect differences in parental solicitude. For various proximate reasons that might originate from emotional, material or social interests, parents may be inclined to invest differently in the survival...
- Sin, Theodicy & Politics. Nuechterlein, James // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Nov1998, Issue 87, p7
Opinion. Offers a look at christianity, with emphasis on an essay written by Father Edward Oakes on the original sin. Impact of Oakes' essay on an individual's lifestyle; How American theologian Reinhold Niebuhr is cited by Oakes; Criticism of Niebuhr's christian realism.
- Original Sin: A Disputation. Oakes, Edward T. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Nov1998, Issue 87, p16
Provides information on christianity, while focusing on the doctrine of original sin. How original sin is identified by the Universal Catechism of the Catholic Church; Reference to Italian Dominican, theologian and philosopher, Thomas Aquinas' monumental `Summa Theologiae'; Description of the...
- OLD AGE AND YOUTH SCIENCE. Tolloczko, Tadeusz; Bankowski, Maciej // Dialogue & Universalism;2001, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p99
Deals with issues related to aging. Punishment for original sin; Ancient Greeks' conception of old age as a curse; Difficulty in understanding the reason and purpose of aging; Concept called scientific old age; Stages of old age; Compensatory roles of senior citizens; Inter-generational links...
- OUR HEARTS OF DARKNESS: ORIGINAL SIN REVISITED. Duffy, Stephen J. // Theological Studies;Dec88, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p597
Discusses the concept of original sin. Emergence of the classical doctrine of original sin; Augustine's construction of an Anti-Gnostic Myth; Reconstruction of the symbol of original sin.