The Idea: Move P2P Transfers To The ATM
- A virtual currency that's made real millionaires. // MacUser (02693275);Jan2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p26
The article offers information on Bitcoin that uses an open source peer-to-peer electronic money system and a cryptography to make sure that transactions are secure and records are kept. It explains the Bitcoin transaction process and the terms blockchain and mining. Also discussed are the...
- NFC Tags Must Offer the Right Balance of Cost and Performance. Keen, Ian // Wireless Design & Development;Apr2007, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p26
The article emphasizes the need for Near Field Communication (NFC) tags to balance cost and performance with security. It states that mass-market applications of NFC are categorized into peer-to-peer, payment and ticketing and service initiation. The initial set of tag formats are Type 1 with...
- Virtual money gets real. Aron, Jacob // New Scientist;6/4/2011, Vol. 210 Issue 2815, p23
The article discusses the development of the Bitcoin, a virtual currency which is distributed by a peer-to-peer computer network and derives its value from people's willingness to accept it as a form of payment. According to Gavin Andresen, the lead developer of the project, Bitcoin appeals to...
- A Fair Payment Protocol for Cascading P2P Transaction. Yichun Liu; Yinghong Liang; Yuping Hu // Journal of Networks;Sep2011, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p1313
As an emerging decentralized technology, peer-to-peer architecture arises as a new model for distributed computing and transaction, consequently there is a need for a scheme to incorporate payment services in this environment to enable electronic payment via peer-to-peer systems. In this paper,...
- Consumer P2P Payment Service Is Revamped For Businesses. Wolfe, Daniel // CardLine;9/24/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 40, p28
The article focuses on the plans of Bank of the West to offer automated clearing house (ACH) payment service to its small business consumers. It states that the bank is developing an online banking service based on CashEdge Inc.'s new money-transfer service and informs that the new payment...
- Citi Pushing Mobile P2P Hold Button. Wolfe, Daniel // American Banker;3/18/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 42, p1
The article reports that Citigroup Inc. bank evaluated mobile person-to-person (P2P) money transfers and determined that most people will not embrace the technology for several more years. Citi continues to be committed to the concept and is an investor in Obopay Inc., the company that...
- P2P survival guide: what users must know. Mack, Mary Bono // Hill;5/6/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 51, p33
The article presents the author's views on the Informed P2P User Act in the U.S., including its advantages and disadvantages.
- CITYTEL SELECTS SANDVINE TO MANAGE FILE SHARING TRAFFIC. // Worldwide Telecom;Mar2004, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the selection of Sandvine Peer-To-Peer Policy Management by CityTel to minimize the impact of file sharing traffic on its broadband network.
- Understanding peer-to-peer computing. Edwards, Morris // Communications News;Oct2001, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p71
Provides information on peer-to-peer (P2P) computing. Concept of P2P computing; Early uses of P2P computing; Promise holds by P2P for software interaction.