Independent BC Continuing Medicare+Choice in 5 S.E. Pennsylvania Countries Into 2003
- Independence Blue Cross Backs Bush Plan to Modernize Medicare, Reform Medical Liability Laws. // Insurance Advocate;2/3/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 5, p30
Reports on the support given by Independence Blue Cross to the plan of U.S. President George W. Bush to modernize medical care. Expansion of Medicare benefits; Stress on the importance of adequate funds; Address on the medical malpractice insurance crisis in the country.
- Federal investigation welcome, Independence Blue Cross says. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;1/3/94, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p18
Reports on a federal investigation of Independence Blue Cross' money-saving provision in its hospital contracts. Focus of inquiry; Approval of clause by Pennsylvania Insurance Department; Number of signed contracts and agreements in principles; Estimates of savings through lower hospital rates.
- Feds halt check on `prudent buyer' clause. Pallarito, Karen // Modern Healthcare;5/16/94, Vol. 24 Issue 20, p26
Reports on the closure of the investigation on Philadelphia-based Independence Blue Cross by the United States Justice Department's antitrust division. Exemption of the `prudent buyer' clause from federal antitrust regulation; Savings from the prudent buyer policy.
- Plan targets cardiometabolic syndrome. // Patient Education Management;Apr2010, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p43
The article discusses the cardiometabolic risk management program launched by Independence Blue Cross which targets people at risk of chronic cardiometabolic syndrome.
- Initiative raises awareness of recommendations. // Occupational Health Management;Nov2007, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p130
The article announces that the Independence Blue Cross health plan has received the Pennsylvania Immunization Coalition (PAIC) Immunization Champion Award for its collaborative work with the state Department of Health to reduce the increasing case of pertussis.
- IBC continues Rx reimbursement rate negotiations. // Drug Store News;11/17/97, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the delay in International Blue Cross' (IBC) implementation of new pharmacy reimbursement rates in an attempt to continue negotiations with the three largest providers of its pharmacy network. Proposal for dropping to rate of the wholesale price.
- Chester County (Pa.) Hospital Suing Independence Blue Cross For Money Damages, Break Up Of 'Monopoly'. // Insurance Advocate;5/13/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the announcement of the Chester County Hospital in West Chester, Pennsylvania on May 8, 2002, that it has filed a damage complaint in federal district court against Independence Blue Cross and several of its companies.
- Target those at risk for cardiometabolic syndrome. // Hospital Home Health;Apr2010, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p41
The article discusses the cardiometabolic risk management program of Independence Blue Cross aiming to reduce its members' risks on cardiometabolic syndrome, a heart disease and diabetes development factor.
- Unanimous Commonwealth Court in Pa. Dismisses Class Action Suit Against Independence B/C. // Insurance Advocate;1/6/2003, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania's dismissal of a class action lawsuit against Independence Blue Cross (IBC). Controversy over the management of its surplus fund; Claim that the lawsuit was frivolous; Misunderstanding of the workings of the fund.