The globalization of finance
- World Competitiveness 2003. // Management Services;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p14
Presents highlights from the 'World Competitiveness Yearbook 2003' published annually by the Swiss-based Institute of Management Development. Emergence of United States and Finland as the most competitive economies in the world; Aggregation of hundreds of competitiveness criteria to determine...
- chapter 3: Special Report. // Venezuela Business Forecast Report;2008 2nd Quarter, p21
The article discusses the prospects of the economies of the U.S., China and Japan.
- Investment, services, taxation and competition. Witherell, William H. // Business Economics;Jan1995, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p29
Discusses the areas of considerable significance to global competition. Foreign direct investment; Taxation; Trade in services; Competition policy.
- CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION & METHODOLOGY. Parker, Philip M. // Algeria Economic Competitiveness;2006, p7
The article presents an introduction to a report on the economic competitiveness of Algeria published in the book "The Economic Competitiveness of Algeria: Financials Returns, Labor Productivity and International Gaps."
- CHAPTER 1: INTRODUCTION & METHODOLOGY. Parker, Philip M. // Austria Economic Competitiveness;2006, p7
The article presents an introduction to a report on the economic competitiveness of Austria published in the book "The Economic Competitiveness of Austria: Financials Returns, Labor Productivity and International Gaps."
- A better (often unconventional) way. // Newsweek;2/4/1985, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p63
The Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy (BRIE) is comprised of a panel of experts from a wide variety of fields whose opinions are often unconventional, but are recently heeded by many industry figures, including Apple's Steven Jobs and high-tech ad executive Regis McKenna.
- Competing World Economies. // Congressional Digest;Dec92, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p292
Presents an excerpt from an October 1991 report from the Office of Technology Assessment entitled `Competing Economies: America, Europe and the Pacific Rim.' Overview; Institutions for policy; A friendly environment; Trade policy options; More.
- Good news for world economy. Francis, David R // Christian Science Monitor;6/7/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 137, p20
Focuses on reports by the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) that Russia and East Asia have rebounded strongly from economic crises.
- A guide to global competitiveness. Bersticker, Albert C. // Vital Speeches of the Day;06/15/97, Vol. 63 Issue 17, p519
Presents a speech by the chairman and chief executive officer of Ferro Corp., delivered to the Charles R. McDonald School of Business, Lecture Series of David N. Myers College, Cleveland on March 27, 1997, about global competitiveness.