Task Force to Fight Decision Allowing Georgia Toll Agency's $822M Deal
- Texas, Lacking Road Funding, Turns to Debt for Construction. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/30/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31563, p1
Reports on the plans of Texas government to issue debt to develop road infrastructure in the state. Some of the road proposals to be funded by the debt; Plans of the state to issue Garvee bonds; Amount of Texas Highway Bonds from 1992 to 2002.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Agency to Price $478 Million, Including Swap. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p1
Reports that the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission will price $477.7 million in restructured new-money deal that will include the first portion of variable debt issued to fund construction of a road project. Efforts of the commission to generate cost savings; Intentions of the commission behind...
- Players get nod to re-finance road projects. // FRPT- Infrastructure Snapshot;12/1/2013, p17
The article reports that the Planning Commission urged the builders engaged in road construction to re-finance their debt with longer repayment period in India. It mentions that under the financing agreement, the concessionaire can resort to debt instruments including loans, guarantees and...
- Paving a Legacy. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/15/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32259, p35
Reports on the approval of a plan by the Utah Legislature that will allow the resumption of construction on the Legacy Parkway, a project that has been stalled by litigation. Cause of issuance of moratorium on further construction by the U.S. Court of Appeals.
- Syria gets highway loans. // International Construction;Mar1999, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p8
Announces the agreement of the Arab Fund for Economic and Social Development to lend Syria $99 million to finance a highway from Jericho to the port of Latakia. Terms of the loan; Other road project loan deal approved prior to the Syrian transaction.
- EBRD DRIVES KAZAKH ROAD LINK. // EuroProperty;1/21/2013, p6
The article reports that the Kazakhstan government has obtained a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development for the reconstruction of a road that links the western Europe-western China international transport corridor.
- Raising the Limit. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31844, p29
Reports on the passage of the legislative bill increasing the debt limit of West Virginia Parkways Authority allowing the agency to sell more bonds to accelerate road improvement projects.
- Virginia Panel OKs $1.62B in Road Debt. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;9/27/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32475, p1
The article reports on the passage of a package of bills by the House of Delegates committee that could lead to the issuance of at least $1.62 billion in tax-exempt transportation revenue bonds over five years in Virginia. The bill was aimed to address the growing transportation needs through...
- SOUTHEAST. // Wilderness Society's Quarterly Newsletter;Spring2000, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the support for wilderness designation of unprotected areas in the Southern Appalachian Region. Recognition of the Cohutta Wilderness Area of Chattahoochee National Forest as a roadless area; Names of forests within the Southern Appalachian region; Extension of national moratorium on...