TBMA Gets Behind SEC Proposal To Prevent Conflicts of Interest
- RISKWATCH. // Pensions & Investments;7/21/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 15, p11
An introduction to articles concerning the U.S. and global equity and fixed-income markets is presented.
- Growth versus income: Comparing `apples and oranges'. Jacobs, Vernon K. // CPA Journal;Nov94, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p90
Compares tax-deferred growth stocks with fixed-income investments that generate taxable income. Long-term comparisons; Taxable savings projections; Tax-exempt savings projections; Tax-deferred savings projections; Tax qualified retirement plan; Taxable versus tax deferred; Taxable versus pension.
- Teachers' fund opts for change in curriculum. Barreto, Susan // Pensions & Investments;04/19/99, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p3
Reports that the Public School Teachers' Pension and Retirement Fund of Chicago has restructured its equity and fixed-income portfolios. Boosting of target equity allocation; Reduction of fixed-income target; Hiring of two large-cap value equity managers.
- Fixed income beats equities. Kovaleski, Dave // Pensions & Investments;2/19/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p21
Reports the increase performance of fixed-income accounts over equities in the fourth quarter of the year 2000 in the United States. Contribution of US Treasuries on fixed-income investments; Factors contributing to the strength of Treasury securities; Rank gained by Bridgewater Associates Inc.;...
- CONSORTIA, INITIATIVES GO DOWN THE DRAIN IN 2002. Forman, Michael // Securities Industry News;1/6/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p17
Reports on the losses faced by the U.S. economy in 2002. Number of accounting and analyst scandals during the year; Level of public confidence in equities markets; Details of losses faced by fixed-income trading systems, direct access vendors and the market for wireless services; Results of a...
- Want Better Returns? Adopt An Active Strategy. // High Yield Report;3/8/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p5
Discusses the benefits of switching to an active strategy in managing fixed income funds in the U.S. Use of a mixture of credit including investment grade and high yield; Advantages of investing in countries with higher yields of offer.
- Investment Activity by Sector. // Investment Management Weekly;5/16/2005 Supplement, Vol. 18, p12
Presents graphs indicating the investment activities in the U.S. during the first quarter of 2005, according to various sectors. Equity sector; Fixed-income sector; Real estate sector.
- Indiana PERS Considers How to Move $1B to Equity. Philley, Alicia // Investment Management Weekly;01/24/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p1
Reports that the Indiana Public Employees' Retirement Fund is considering shifting its fixed income funds to equities.
- Untitled. // Investment Management Weekly;1/29/2007 Supplement, Vol. 20, p3
Several charts are presented that list investments in the U.S., including equity, fixed-income and international equity investments.