Haines Assures Lawyers Muni Enforcement Is Still Alive
- Fraud Finding's Fallout. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/26/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31168, p1
Reports on the alleged violation of securities fraud law by Miami, Florida. Ruling of an administrative law judge; Order of the judge for the city to cease and desist from securities law violations; Lack of disclosure of financial deterioration.
- Internet Fraud Enters New Era. Lance, Jeffrey // On Wall Street;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p17
Offers a look on the status of securities-related fraud in the United States. Information on momentum sites; Details on stock gurus; Details on impostor cases.
- Protect yourself from fraud. Nusbaum, David // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1995, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p64
Warns investors about fraud in trading. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC); Number of complaints; Background check on stockbroker; Fraudulent sales practices; Telemarketing; Cases; Out-of-the-money options; Effect of infomercials; Recovery; Exemptions to anti-fraud laws. INSETS:...
- Crooks and post-Communist riches. Reerink, Jack // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1995, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p66
Discusses the factors which make Eastern Europeans ideal targets for trading fraud. Circulation of money; Regulations against investments abroad; Lack of bank regulation; Sophistication of investors; Sample case.
- Securities fraud bill concerns locals. Barlas, Stephen // American City & County;Jun98, Vol. 113 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the concerns of cities and counties in the United States regarding the S 1260 bill, which will prohibit the filing of certain class action securities fraud lawsuits in state courts. Discussion of complaints issued by local government officials; Indepth look at the bill; Objectives of...
- Orange County-style fiasco not likely here, officials say. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;9/11/95, Vol. 5 Issue 24, p1
Reports on efforts in Pima County, Arizona to prevent the repeat of the Orange County, California fiasco in Arizona. Estimated loss of Orange County in the fiasco; Three rules applied by Pima County in investing; Meeting between Pima County officials and representatives from Patterson &...
- Tucson duo nabbed for fraud. // Inside Tucson Business;05/19/97, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the apprehension of a Tucson couple, an accounting firm and several other individuals on charges of securities fraud by the Arizona state securities regulators.
- Basic truths: The implications of the fraud-on-the-market theory for evaluating the `misleading'... Newman Jr., John M.; Herrmann, Mark // Journal of Corporation Law;Summer95, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p571
Discusses the concept of a securities fraud claim based on the fraud-on-the-market theory. Entry of misinformation in the market that improperly changed the price of a security; Importance of professional investors; Element of `misleadingness.'
- Psst! Here's a tip--watch out for fraud. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;10/29/96, Vol. 88 Issue 234, p9
Reports on the fraud in the United States in relation to the sale of securities. Information on Federal Bureau of Investigation under cover operation in Manhattan, New York; Possible introduction of law in California facilitating lawsuits against company executives for misleading information in...