Treasuries Make Gains, Stocks Fall; $800M Puerto Rico Deal Repriced
- Ratio of municipals to treasuries rises. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;11/04/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30266, p32
Reports the increase in the after-tax ratio of municipal-to- ten-year Treasuries. Basis of the increase; Quote on the long-term municipal-to-30-year Treasury ratio based on Massachusetts Turnpike Authority revenues due in 2027.
- IRS discusses tax treatment of new treasury inflation-indexed securities. // Practical Accountant;Nov96, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p18
Reports on the guidance provided by the United States Internal Revenue Service regarding the federal tax treatment of inflation and deflation adjusted securities to be issued by the US Treasury Department. Maturity period and minimum value; Plans by the US government to issue 50 dollar savings...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/7/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31444, p38
Presents several charts depicting the bond issues as of August 7, 2002 in the U.S. Market indicators; Rate of the short-term tax-exempt yields; Prices for government securities.
- RECAPITALIZATIONS: THE ISSUER'S TREATMENT. Hariton, David P. // Tax Lawyer;Summer87, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p873
Examines the tax treatment of the issuer arising from an exchange of publicly traded securities in the United States. Issuance of debt for debt and stock and cash issued in exchange for outstanding securities; Tax consequences of an exchange of debt instruments; Implications of securities for...
- Taxman Asked for Break. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;7/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31433, p1
Reports the proposals of the coalition of 11 state and local government groups for the tax simplification in the U.S. Emphasis on the advance refunding to governmental bonds; Adoption of several bond-related suggestions; Complexity of the federal arbitrage rebate rules.
- The perception of government bonds and money as net wealth: An integrated approach. Chiang, Alpha C.; Miller, Stephen M. // Eastern Economic Journal;Fall98, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p435
Presents an integrated approach on the perception of government bonds and money as wealth. Substantiality of the tax-discounting of government bonds; Influence of the government on bond discounting; Effect of inflation on expected-inflation discounting of money; Link between expected-inflation...
- U.S. tax reform worries states. // State Government News;Jun/Jul96, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p34
Reports on the concern of the states in the United States over federal tax reform. Loss of the tax-exempt status of governmental bonds; Ability of state governments to access low-cost financing; Effect of federal tax code on savings and investment.
- As I see it. Schaaf, Peter VanDer // Grand Rapids Business Journal;05/10/99, Vol. 17 Issue 19, p30
Comments on the unpredictability and unstable nature of tax-free municipal bonds in Michigan. Calculation of the tax-equivalent yields of the bonds; Ability of municipal bonds to accommodate nearly every level of risk.
- Treasury securities reopenings. // Practical Accountant;Jan2000, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p12
Informs on United States regulations that deal with the federal tax treatment of reopenings of Treasury securities.