NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;8/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31460, p2
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of August, 2002. Accounts on the auctioned made by the Treasury Department for the two-year notes; Expectations of the Michigan retailers during the fall sales; Changes in the economic activity indexes for Delaware and Pennsylvania.
- Median forecast among bankers for T-bill yield at the 1977 yearend is 5.765%. Waddesh, Harry // Banking;Apr77, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p16
Offers information on median forecasts for Treasury bills in the U.S. capital market in 1977 during the annual competition sponsored by the American Bankers Association and 'BANKING,' journal. Rate concentration of the forecasts; Point range of the T-bill rate predictions.
- Weekly t-bills go at 4.305%, 4.280%. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;01/26/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30565, p2
Focuses on the tender rates for the United States Department of the Treasury's 91-day and 182-day discount bills.
- Where smart shoppers shop for mom's T-bills. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;3/27/95, Vol. 87 Issue 83, p8
Presents details on the investors of Treasury Securities in the US. Information on Treasury bills. INSET: US Treasury Securities..
- Safety in treasuries. Grabarek, Brooke H. // FW;9/27/94, Vol. 163 Issue 20, p68
Discusses Treasury funds. Strategy to avoid structured notes; Funds prohibited by SEC rules from investing in anything besides Treasury issues; Benefits.
- Money market derivatives: Why bother? // FW;9/27/94, Vol. 163 Issue 20, p69
Presents a chart showing the 20 highest-yielding 100% treasury funds and the 20 highest-yielding government money market funds in the United States. Average maturity; Seven-day compounded yield; Annual Expense ratio.
- Competitive note offerings. // Bond Buyer;07/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30186, p17
Presents a tabulation of competitive Treasury note offerings in the United States from July 14 to August 19, 1997. Issuer; St; Description; Amount; Time of sale; Financial adviser; Legal option; Maturity; Insurer; Moody's rating; Standard & Poor's rating; Fitch ratings; Latest details.
- Traders: TIPS may be cheap enough to buy after latest auction. Reynolds, Katherine M.; Patterson, Dean // Bond Buyer;07/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30186, p36
Focuses on the US Treasury Department's first auction of five-year inflation-indexed Treasury notes of Treasury Inflation Protected Securities (TIPS) in July 1997. Rallying of TIPS following the note sale; Results of the note sale; Retail demand for inflation protection; Advantages and...
- Weekly T-bills draw 5.17%, 5.23% averages. // Bond Buyer;08/12/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30207, p2
Reports on the increase in average tender rates for the Treasury's 91-day and 182-day discount bills on August 11, 1997.