Court OK's N.J. Debt
- Vallejo Closing In on the Final Chapter. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;7/26/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33554, p1
The article reports on the plan of the city of Vallejo, California to exit bankruptcy sail through a confirmation hearing, the final chapter in the city's more than three-year slog to restructure its debts.
- Notice of Public Hearing on Tax Increase. // Free Press (Buda, TX);8/23/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 19, p5
The article offers information on a public hearing on tax increase that will be conducted in Hays County, Texas on August 31 and September 6, 2006. A comparison of budget between 2005 and 2006 is presented. Information on bonded indebtedness is presented and a comparison of residence homestead...
- Debt Issues Dominate Utah Slate. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/29/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32288, p1
The article reports that debt issues and bond oversight will dominate Utah's 2006 regular legislative session starting January 16, 2006. Most of the bills filed have been designated as bill requests or shells. Utah relied to debt as a way to finance nearly all of its capital requirements so that...
- Creditor preference not fraudulent trading, countries. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;May79, Vol. 90 Issue 1029, p17
Presents a case of and individual's personal liability in company's debts in Great Britain. Provisions of section 332 of the Companies Act 1948; Details of the case of the Italian company SAFE; Tribunal decision.
- Jefferson County Asks for Special Session. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/6/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32934, p1
The article reports on a resolution approved by the Jefferson County Commission asking Alabama Governor Bob Riley to call a special session of the Legislature to consider the county's sewer debt restructuring plan. Votes for the resolution calling a special legislative session and approving the...
- Detroit Plan Vote Sets Stage for Confirmation Hearings. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/23/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34148, p1
The article focuses on confirmation hearings for Detroit, Michigan's plan to deal with its 18 billion dollars of debt on August 2014 wherein bondholders and insurers would be against employees and retirees. It mentions that Detroit has approved settlements with creditors, including retirees,...
- New York Court of Appeals Grants Expedited Hearing in MAC Case. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p3
Reports that the New York Court of Appeals has granted an expedited hearing in the legal dispute between the state and the New York City over the refinancing of the city's debt. Plan of Mayor Michael Bloomberg to resolve the dispute; Agreement of Governor George E. Pataki to the expedited...
- Farm Loan Programs: GAO Reports on USDA Lending Practices: GAO-06-912R. Bertoni, Daniel // GAO Reports;6/28/2006, p1
This report responds to a Congressional request for information relating to a June 13, 2006 Congressional hearing on the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) farm loan programs. In particular, the May 16, 2006 letter requested that we summarize our findings from the 1990s through 2002 on...
- Texas Special School Session May Be on Tap for March. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p7
No abstract available.