Responding to a wastewater violation notice
- $140 billion needed for wastewater funds. // Underground Construction;Dec97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the estimated $140 billion needed over the next 20 years to address wastewater treatment needs in the United States, according to the `1996 Clean Water Needs Survey Report' from the Environmental Protection Agency. Purpose of the report; Amount needed for controlling combined sewer...
- Michigan authority to turn waste into snow. // Waste News;10/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p6
Cites the efforts of Harbor Springs Area Sewage Disposal Authority in Harbor Springs, Michigan, to test its proposal to dispose of the town's liquid waste by turning its into snow in winter 1997. Request of permit from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.
- Development of effective on-site sewage disposal surveys Taylor, Marilou; Nicola, Ray M.; Gomez, Anthony // Journal of Environmental Health;Mar/Apr1992, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
No abstract available.
- A small community success story: How pressure sewers and a community septic system are... Feuss, James V.; Farrell, R. Paul // Journal of Environmental Health;Jun96, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p18
Presents a case study on the sewage disposal system in Cuyler, New York. Overall plan of the treatment system; Options proposed for the sewage disposal system; Factors influencing the choice of water treatment system; Environmental evaluation of the system.
- Detroit sewer plan costly to customers. // Crain's Detroit Business;7/01/96, Vol. 12 Issue 27, p16
Reports on the high costs of a plan by the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department in Michigan to stop sewage discharges into the Detroit and Rouge rivers.
- Now what? Powers, Mike // Human Ecology;Winter93, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p20
Reveals the need to adopt different attitudes and practices toward waste disposal, recycling and groundwater protection. Rural water quality education program; Correlation between economic status and well and septic system quality; Difference in the levels of contamination between drilled and...
- Sludge mountain. // New Scientist;7/18/92, Vol. 135 Issue 1830, p11
Reports on Europe's growing sewage sludge problems. Amount of sludge estimated by the end of the decade; What is causing the problem; Where sludge is dumped at present.
- Pueblo Indians insist on right to clean river. Mestel, Rosie // New Scientist;3/20/93, Vol. 137 Issue 1865, p12
Reports on a small group of Pueblo Indians living on the Rio Grande who have invoked a 1987 amendment to the Clean Water Act which is forcing the city of Albuquerque to clean up its water waste that flows into the river. How the Indians use the water; The city of Albuquerque's suit against the...
- The waste chase. Kendrick, K. // Science World;3/20/92, Vol. 48 Issue 13, p14
Offers a look at where your sewage goes after the flush. Sewage treatment plants; Wetland systems; The problem of volume; Story of artificial wetland treatment systems isn't all rosy. INSET: Where does your waste go?;How an artificial marsh purifies....
- Septic systems keep water clean at Harsen's Island. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;09/07/98, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p17
Presents information on the septic systems on Harsen's Island, Detroit, Michigan. Comments form Mark Oemke, aquatic biologist with the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality's surface water division; Information on reports from the Saint Clair County Health Department; Details on the...