Responding to a wastewater violation notice
- $140 billion needed for wastewater funds. // Underground Construction;Dec97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the estimated $140 billion needed over the next 20 years to address wastewater treatment needs in the United States, according to the `1996 Clean Water Needs Survey Report' from the Environmental Protection Agency. Purpose of the report; Amount needed for controlling combined sewer...
- Michigan authority to turn waste into snow. // Waste News;10/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 21, p6
Cites the efforts of Harbor Springs Area Sewage Disposal Authority in Harbor Springs, Michigan, to test its proposal to dispose of the town's liquid waste by turning its into snow in winter 1997. Request of permit from the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality.
- Industry briefs. // WaterWorld;Oct95, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p3
Reports on developments in the sewage disposal industry in the United States for the period ended October 1995. Includes Texas Water Resources Institute offering searchable on-line information about water researchers; Availability of agricultural practices and herbicide, fertilizer and land use...
- Industry needs product clearinghouse. Laughlin, James // WaterWorld;Oct95, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p6
Opinion. Comments on factors which blocks innovative technology in the sewage disposal industry in the United States. Taking advantage of the available technology; Problems faced by sewers; Difficulty of developing and getting new technology approved; Setting up of an evaluation committee to...
- New literature. // WaterWorld;Oct95, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p46
Provides information on various publishings for the sewage disposal industry in the United States for the period ended October 1995. Includes Lab Safety Supply's Personal Protective Equipment Management Guide; Foxboro Co. I/A Series remote Monitoring and Control application solution; Miller...
- Meeting focuses on future, new federalism. // WaterWorld;Oct95, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p48
Reports on the proceedings of the sewage disposal industry association's annual meeting held in La Quinta, California on November 9 to 11, 1995. Examining the effects of `New Federalism' on domestic water and wastewater business; Analyzing the principle market forces; Networking among...
- Development of effective on-site sewage disposal surveys Taylor, Marilou; Nicola, Ray M.; Gomez, Anthony // Journal of Environmental Health;Mar/Apr1992, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
No abstract available.
- A small community success story: How pressure sewers and a community septic system are... Feuss, James V.; Farrell, R. Paul // Journal of Environmental Health;Jun96, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p18
Presents a case study on the sewage disposal system in Cuyler, New York. Overall plan of the treatment system; Options proposed for the sewage disposal system; Factors influencing the choice of water treatment system; Environmental evaluation of the system.
- Detroit sewer plan costly to customers. // Crain's Detroit Business;7/01/96, Vol. 12 Issue 27, p16
Reports on the high costs of a plan by the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department in Michigan to stop sewage discharges into the Detroit and Rouge rivers.