The Creation of the Edgewood Experiential Lab and Learning Commons for the 21st-Century Learner
- La biblioteca, cuore della creativitÃ in ogni scuola. Marquardt, Luisa // Bollettino AIB;dic2011, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p329
The paper explores the relationship between information, creativity and innovation focusing on libraries (especially school libraries) and highlighting their role in supporting creativity and key competences for the 21st century. Creativity is the outcome of a learning process that requires a...
- Now Is the Time! Teen Tech Week in School Library. Herrington, Kim // Young Adult Library Services;Winter2010, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p9
The article offers suggestions to school librarians seeking to participate in Teen Tech Week, an initiative sponsored by the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA). Difficulties faced by school librarians regarding Teen Tech Week and school curriculum, state testing, and Internet...
- Architects of Dreams. Smith, Pam Sandlian // School Library Journal;May2013, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p22
The article presents an excerpt from a the keynote speech by Pam Sandlian Smith, the director of Anythink Libraries in Colorado, originally presented at "School Library Journal's" Public Library Leadership Think Tank, held in New York City on April 5, 2013.
- In with the New. Lundgren, Angela // School Library Journal;Jan2009, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p11
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Flip This Library," by David Loertscher in the November 2008 issue.
- Imaginary trip to Oahu, Hawaii. Given, Alida F. // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Sep95, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p21
Presents a library activity for students from grade levels four and five. Learning of the location of reference and nonfiction materials; Use of map and almanac skills; Improvement of writing skills through research.
- Success in a Kit. Markey, Penny S. // School Library Journal;Aug97, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p46
Announces the success of Library Kids Educational Success and Arts Passport Program (ESAP) in Los Angeles, California. Goal and activities of ESAP; Its resources; How the program received the biggest response in low-in-come, low-education-level communities.
- Steps to School Success. Weisburg, Hilda K. // School Librarian's Workshop;Aug/Sep2012, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p23
The article describes how to make a "Steps to School Success" bulletin board for school libraries, demonstrating how the school library can help students become successful, and which includes the use of clip art shoes, construction paper, and how to adapt the board to different grade levels.
- Bat Research. Germain, Claudia // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Sep2000, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p13
Offers curriculum ideas for a science project about bats geared to grade levels three to five. Library media skillsobjectives; List of related resources; Curriculum objectives; Activities and procedures for completion.
- Tips & Other Bright Ideas. // Library Media Connection;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p8
Instructions for school librarians are presented for activities such as creating scratch cards for Teen Reading Week, printing labels for bookmarks with the library's database password, and encouraging students to review books for peers.