More than a one-day stand
- Hazardous wastes faces the rural round-up. Goddard, Charles F.; Trotter, Amy E. // World Wastes;Apr98, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p6
Focuses on Clinton County, Iowa's household hazardous waste collection program. Funding source; Program history; Resident participation.
- City develops new collection model for household hazardous waste. // BioCycle;Feb96, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p20
Reports that the Keene, New Hampshire government has developed a collection model for household hazardous waste (HHW). 800 percent increase in HHW collections in 1985; Strategy for increasing the participation of residents in HHW collection.
- Household hazardous waste collection set for April 26. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);4/16/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 16, p10A
The article reports on the household hazardous waste collection event which will take place on April 26, 2008 in Burnet and Llano, Texas.
- Calif. city aids collection. Wiley, Walt // Waste News;10/26/98, Vol. 4 Issue 24, p24
Reports on the city of Vista, California's offering of household hazardous waste collection assistance to San Diego County, California, in the wake of the county's sale of its landfills to a private operator. Fees charged for hazardous waste collection; Maximum volume of household hazardous...
- One truck fits all? Whitehouse, Tammy // Waste Age;Mar1999, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p84
Focuses on the advances in wastes disposal vehicles. Consolidation of complex waste disposal system into a single actuation; Intensification of trash truck's mechanical parts; Marketing approach; Planned features of the automated trash truck; Installation of dual hoppers weight-and-measurement...
- Scrutiny. Truini, Joe // Waste News;10/1/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p1
Reports the inspection of trucks hauling hazardous waste by state enforcement agencies in the United States. Reason for the truck inspection; Evaluation of the credential of drivers loading hazardous materials; Impact of the federal action on hazardous waste hauling companies.
- WASTE-TRUCK FIX FACES DIM FUTURE. // Waste News;05/04/98, Vol. 3 Issue 51, p4
Focuses on the lack of decision on the proposals putforth to alter interstate highway weight restrictions for waste trucks. Reconciliation by the House and Senate conferees of the intermodal surface transportation efficiency act; Inclusion of a fee system for haulers for the payment towards...
- Waste Erupts in Naples. Hall, Rebekah A. // Waste Age;Jul2003, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p118
Deals with the waste disposal problem faced by the city of Naples in Italy in 2003. Cause of the problem; Action taken by the city.
- Jeff residents, officials complain garbage situation stinks. Bergeron, Angelle // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/24/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p7
Reports on the growing concern of Jefferson residents in New Orleans, over the pile and stock of garbage. Deficiency of trash and garbage collection in the county; Efforts undertaken by officials to manage the garbage situation; Health and environmental hazards.